cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random number generation on S32K358

IAussman
Contributor III

Hello NXP community,

I'm currently trying to generate a random number via the HSE FW on S32K358 demo_board.

After sending the service request, the HSE FW (ab_swap) responds by HSE_SRV_RSP_NOT_SUPPORTED .

Is there any reason for that ?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies

IAussman
Contributor III

Hi NXP community,

The issue has been solved. It was due to data cache.

The solution is either to disable data cache or force the data structures to non_cacheable memory.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

IAussman
Contributor III
On the S32K358 excluding HSE's data structures from cache memory hasn't solved the issue for me. It works only when disabling completely data cache.

Any other suggestions ?
0 Kudos

nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @IAussman,

Any other suggestions? => In my opinion, there is no other way to resolve this issue because in the HSE FW reference manual was noted that: "The data provided by the host (including the service descriptor) must be provided from non-cacheable memory ranges."

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos

IAussman
Contributor III

I've solved the issue by flushing and deactivating the cache memory before the random number generation and reactivating it after that. Though it is not the optimal solution.

In the RTD version 1.0.0 I haven't seen this issue, I've encountered it only on RTD version 3.0.0 P01.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

nxf78987
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @IAussman,

As I know, this issue depends on the HSE FW version. Did you use the HSE FW version for K3 1.0.0 different from 3.0.0 P01?

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos