cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No UART interrupt with 460800 baud rate

amel_aitahcene
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am trying to establish a UART communication between a S32K146 and another device with a 460800 baud rate. When the other device sends a frame, the S32K is supposed to send a response. But with this baud rate, the Rx message never trigs the S32K interrupt.

When I do the same operations with lower baud rates (115200 and 230400), everything goes fine:
- In debug mode, the programs stops well at a breakpoint put in Rx callback
- The S32K responds (seen on the other device console and on Tx signal on a scope)

My first thought was that the actual baud rate was too far from the expected one. I checked on S32DS settings, and it is equal to 461538.

I am also using an oscilloscope to check what is happening on Rx and Tx: I can observe the other device frames on the S32K Rx and I measure a baud rate approximately equal to 462.962.

The baud rate deviation is lower than 1% so it shouldn't be an issue.

Is there a specific setting to configure for high baud rates?

Best regards,

Amel

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amel,

I test the lpuart_echo_s32k146 example of S32K SDK RTM4.0.3+S32DS v3.4. After change the BaudRate to 460800 in S32 Configuration Tool, I am able to get the UART RX interrupt when send data from PC.

S32 Configuration Tool baudRate.png

lpuart_echo_s32k146 baudRate 460800.png

Since the clock configuration is different from yours, the actual BaudRate is a little different. It is recommended that you refer to this example.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos