cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple HW configurations in one project

ferenczyg
Contributor I

Hi Everyone!

We have a software project which we use on multiple revisions of HW, where the used package of the MCU (s32k358) and also the pinout is different. We would like to have multiple *.mex files in the same project for the different HW configs. As far as I understand, this is not possible due to the limitations in how S32DS handles these configuration files. Is there any kind of non-hacky way to do something like this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ferenczyg 

Check the following community post. It has information related to a property of ConfigTools that might be useful for you. 

How to create different hardware configurations for different builds within one project.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

ferenczyg
Contributor I

Hi VaneB,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue. I need to be able to change the package (MQFP172 vs BGA289) as well, not just the pin configs.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ferenczyg 

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

I am going to use the LpuartFlexio_Uart_Ip_Example_S32K344 code as a reference. When you create this project from example, no changes need to be done to run it in the S32K344-T172EVB and S32K344-Q257EVB, and if you see the project by default use 257package. If you change the package to 172 the following changes are done:

VaneB_0-1702594557638.png

VaneB_1-1702594571356.png

As you can see, the only changes made are some comments, but the pin's configuration does not change. This means that if you create the project for one package should work for the other one.
Just take into consideration the difference in the number of pins.

0 Kudos