cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi ADC - Software triggering - S32K146

Jump to solution
rogeliovdm
Contributor II

Hi everyone! I'm trying to control different ADC devices (ADC0 and ADC1 in the processor expert) by means of the software triggering method. At the end of the day, I want to get conversions from 2 different ADC peripherals. 

I can see that the supplyMonitoringEnable is only available for ADC0, and I have several questions here:

1. What does supplyMonitoringEnable exactly means? To enable the reference voltage Vref in order to perform the conversion? 

2. Does this means that if I want to perform 2 queries of each ADC simultaneously,  it won't be possible because of this "supplyMonitoringEnable" not existing in ADC1?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, that's correct.

Only these channels can be interleaved:

danielmartynek_0-1617003039848.png

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rogelio,

Please refer to the RM.

danielmartynek_0-1616508454509.png

danielmartynek_1-1616508535788.png

If you trigger a conversion on ADC0 channel 0b010101, you can measure the power supply selected in the ADC_SUPPLY register.

danielmartynek_2-1616508650916.png

You can trigger both ADC modules simultaneously, this has nothing to do with the internal supply monitoring.

Regards,

Daniel

rogeliovdm
Contributor II

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you so much for your repply, I think that my question was pretty bad formulated, because I misunderstood the ADC0 and ADC1 behaviour. Anyways, what I want is to use the Hardware interleave mode between channels, and I want to know if that is possible using an internal input channel supply of those only available for the ADC0, or if it is mandatory to use only external supplies to the channels. Two questions: 

1. Is it possible to use these ADC0 internal input channel supplies

2. If it is indeed possible, how could I achieve this.

In the diagram is much clearer, what I intend to do:

rogeliovdm_0-1616757293221.png

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rogelio,

the ADC interleave channel feature allows measuring one ADC input pin by two ADC modules.

For example, PTB13 can be connected to both ADC0_SE8 and ADC1_SE8 at the same time.

The supply monitoring has nothing to do with supplying the ADC, it only allows measuring a selected power supply by the ADC0 module.

Please let me know if this is still not clear,

Regards,

Daniel

rogeliovdm
Contributor II

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. I understand what you say about the ADC interleave channel feature.

About the internal supply monitoring, I was just wondering if that ADC0 internal supply measuring could also be interleaved at some channel, in order to have this measures done internally by both ADC0 and ADC1. 

So, according to this note from the user manual as well, I cannot take an ADC0 internal supply channel and interleave it with an ADC1 channel, right?  

rogeliovdm_0-1616997357044.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you so much in advance!

Rogelio V

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, that's correct.

Only these channels can be interleaved:

danielmartynek_0-1617003039848.png