Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory overlap after adding some stuff to the linker

Jump to solution
kyf
Contributor V

Hello NXP team.

I'm getting a memory overlap issue. The memory overlap is happening between the non_cacheable_data section and the itcm_code section that I've added into the linker.

The error message that I'm getting is this:

kyf_0-1675342394267.png

I've done the same changes into a newly SIUL2 project and I had no issues. When I've tried to apply the same changes into the linker + startup_cm7.s code into the project that I'm working on I've got the memory overlap issue.

I'm working with S32K344 devboard RTD drivers 2.0. I've attached the linker and the startup code that I've used.

1. Am I missing something here ?

I've looked into the linker file and I could find no memory overlap addresses.

I need to copy my ISR into ITCM memory and run it from there but at the moment I've stuck with the memory overlap issue.

If you need any extra info let me know.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately I have no idea.

You could possibly share the whole project. If you don't want to do it on this public place I would recommend to enter a support ticket:

https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kyf
Contributor V

Hello @davidtosenovjan, thank you for reaching out.

Yea, at least 3 times as also I've tried some other stuff but I had no luck.

Is there anything else that I can provide you with in order to help you ?

Kind regards,

kyf.

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tried to open new example based on Siul2_Port_Ip_Example_S32K344

modifying linker command file and and startup file as you attached (adding all lines marked as additional, if I compare with originals) and I see no error after compiling.

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

Hello @davidtosenovjan .

I have done this also and I get no error in compiling. But with my project I get the compile error regarding the linker.

What do you believe can affect the generated files in that stage of the  build ? Does anything comes to mind ?

I've double checked the memory regions used within the .ld file and I could not find anything missed there.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately I have no idea.

You could possibly share the whole project. If you don't want to do it on this public place I would recommend to enter a support ticket:

https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have checked you files and I haven't found anything obviously wrong. Have you tried to Clean Project and recompile?

0 Kudos