I am trying to do UART communication using interrupt in s32k146 development board. I am new in this board. I am attaching the code. Please help me where i am going wrong.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to do UART communication using interrupt in s32k146 development board. I am new in this board. I am attaching the code. Please help me where i am going wrong.

subham_dey
Contributor II

0 Kudos
6 Replies

subham_dey
Contributor II

Thanks Diana. It works fine now. 

0 Kudos

subham_dey
Contributor II

Hi Diana thanks for replying. I have tried your code as given. only transmission is working but receive echo is not working. please help me. I have also tried with LPUART2 but it is not worked.

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This test code use interrupts only to receive. Did you enable receive interrupt in the LPUART1->CTRL?

For me, it is working well. When I write something to the terminal (red characters) the interrupt is generated and the character is sent back (the yellow one). See the image below.

pastedImage_2.png

I hope ti helps.

Best regards,

Diana

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Subham,

It seems that you combine SDK (lpuart_echo_S32K146) and nonSDK examples together.

I recommend you to use this very simple nonSDK example for the S32K144 which uses LPUART interrupt.

Please, download LPUART.zip

https://community.nxp.com/message/957747?commentID=957747#comment-957747 

You can simply modify it for S32K146. The first step is to create a new empty nonSDK project for S32K146 and after that, you can copy the source code from that example and check the ports.

If you have any trouble with this, please, let me know.

Best regards,

Diana

subham_dey
Contributor II

Thanks for replying Diana.I have written the code as u told but after sending one bit it stops sending and it stuck in this instruction below.

while((LPUART2->STAT & LPUART_STAT_TDRE_MASK)>>LPUART_STAT_TDRE_SHIFT==0);

and also in receive section i am facing the issue with the instruction below.

while((LPUART2->STAT & LPUART_STAT_RDRF_MASK)>>LPUART_STAT_RDRF_SHIFT==0);

please help me.

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Subham,

I modified the code for the S32K146 and I'm using LPUART1 because these pins are connected to OpenSDA (the board is connected via USB to PC). So, I'm using the terminal for communication. Could you please try this attached test code at first?

TDRE will set when the transmit DATA register is empty.

RDRF is set when the receive buffer (the DATA register) is full.

For more details please refer to RM rev 11. section 51.3.1.7 LPUART Status Register (STAT)

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos