How to remove S32K148 DFlash Partitioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove S32K148 DFlash Partitioning

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

Is there a programming method of removing the partitioning (assuming no CSEc keys allocated)? I know how to do it with the debugger but I'd like to know if I can use the program partition command (or some other software method) to reverse the partitioning.

Thanks,

Freddy

5 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Freddy,

As you can see in the RM, the partitioning should be done only once throughout the lifetime of the MCU.

pastedImage_1.png

And in the description of the Program Partition command, you can read:

pastedImage_2.png

It would erase all of the flash content that is, program flash, data flash, data flash IFR (including EEPROM partition configuration), EEPROM backup memory...

Regards,

Daniel

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply - but isn't there a way of removing partitioning without erasing all the flash memories? When I use CSEc I partition including space for keys and the when I run DBG_CHAL and DBG_AUTH it removes the keys and the partitioning without affecting the other flash memories. This tells me that at least internally in the hardware it is possible to remove partitioning without erasing all.

Just double-checking...

Freddy

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Freddy,
You are right, it does remove the partitioning without erasing PFlash.
Thanks for pointing this out.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Daniel

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

I understand then that when CSEc keys are not allocated there is no way to remove partitioning without erase all?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Freddy,

Yes, because the DFlash block along with the DFlash IFR would need to be erased only.

But the FTFC Erase Flash Block command can't erase the DFlash block once it has been already partitioned for EEPROM.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos