Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read and write to OTP register for FS26 SBC

HemantK
Contributor III

Hello Community members, 

I was wondering if some one could guide us with the following query: 

We have S32K3X4EVB-Q172 Eval Board and have modified it so that Debug pin (FS26_VDEBUG) on FS26 chip remains at +8.0 V. The reason for doing this is so that SBC remains in "OTP emulation or programming" mode. 

Currently all we are trying to do is to read an OTP register, OTP_SYS_CFG1 (0x20) by sending (0x4000006E) to SBC and getting response 0xDA0000B9 which means data to be 0x0000 which is not correct.

Can you please let us know if there is something missing or wrong?

The SBC chip on board is PFS26AMDA0WL2.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hemant,

please check the DBG_MODE bit in the FS_STATES register (latched information) and/or the bit VDBG_VOLT_S in the M_STATUS (real time information) register to confirm, that the FS26 is in Debug mode. 

JozefKozon_1-1667985262702.png

JozefKozon_0-1667985233869.png

There is a flowchart in the Figure 72. in the FS26 datasheet explaining the steps to enter OTP emulate or program mode. Please check it and confirm, that you have followed the steps. 

The FS26 datasheet can be download from the FS26 product page under the secure files.

JozefKozon_2-1667986450215.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

Robert_Wang
Contributor I

Dear Jozef

how to use NXP GUI to make FS26 enter into OTP emulation mode? Since, the UG of the FS26 EV-kit tell me that I should make FS26 enter the debug mode by applying a ~4.5V on its DEBUG pin, however, the DS of FS26 tell me that I should make FS26 enter the OTP emulation mode by applying a 8V on its DEBUG pin, which one is correct?

and how can I change the VCORE/ LDO1/ LDO2 etc regulators output voltage during the engineering test stage with NXP GUI?

Best Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos