Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344 Rx interrupt problem

Jump to solution
SudheerkumarA
Contributor II

Hi NXP Team,

I'm using the S32k3X4EVB board to test the "FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344" example, and while I can send data over CAN correctly, reception is not occurring. "FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344" project sample code is attached for your reference. If there are any CAN setup changes required in order to receive data over CAN with a Rx interrupt, do let me know

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SudheerkumarA,

This FlexCAN example configures the FlexCAN0 as a "Loopback". The Reference Manual describes loopback operation as:

"In this mode, FlexCAN performs an internal loopback that can be used for self-test operation. The bit stream output of the transmitter is fed back internally to the receiver input. The RX CAN input pin is ignored and the TX CAN output goes to the recessive state (logic 1). FlexCAN behaves as it normally does when transmitting and treats its own transmitted message as a message received from a remote node."

The received bits in the example are internally connected for testing purposes, this can be disabled by setting CTRL1[LPB] to 0b.

I hope you find this helpful!

Best regards,
Julián 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SudheerkumarA
Contributor II

Hi,

It's working.

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Kudos
SudheerkumarA
Contributor II

Hi @Julián_AragónM ,

I've modified the FlexCAN operating mode setting to "normal or User mode" from "loopback" mode.

Please refer to the attachment for information on FlexCAN setups. Additionally, TAJ1043 was set up in Normal Mode by setting PTC20(STB) = High and PTC21(EN) = High on S32K3x4EVB-Q172 Hardware, however Rx interrupt is still not happening.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Sudheer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SudheerkumarA,

You can find a simple FlexCAN example over two boards in this community post:

Please help me testing this one instead, as the loopback example should be used for self-testing operations.

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos
SudheerkumarA
Contributor II

Hi @Julián_AragónM ,

I'll review the provided example. Is it possible to change the "FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344" example to transmit and receive data via CAN in "user or normal" mode?

Please send it to us if there is a document available for configuring the FlexCAN with S32 DS so we can obtain additional details.

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Kudos
SudheerkumarA
Contributor II

Hi @Julián_AragónM ,

The ".mex" file for the "Example_S32K344_FlexCAN_Ip_TX_RX_EnhanceRXFIFO_test_rtd200" example code is not opening for me. Is any another way I can examine this example?

We are using S32DS Vr 3.5 IDE; please see the attached for additional details regarding the problem.

Regards,

Sudheer

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SudheerkumarA

This may be because of the version of the RTD or IDE, please help me confirming these are all set:

* Test HW: S32K3444EVB-Q172
* MCU: PS32K344EHVPBS 1P55A
* Compiler: S32DS.ARM.3.4
* SDK release: SW32K3_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2203
* Debugger: Lauterbach
* Target: internal_FLASH

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SudheerkumarA,

This FlexCAN example configures the FlexCAN0 as a "Loopback". The Reference Manual describes loopback operation as:

"In this mode, FlexCAN performs an internal loopback that can be used for self-test operation. The bit stream output of the transmitter is fed back internally to the receiver input. The RX CAN input pin is ignored and the TX CAN output goes to the recessive state (logic 1). FlexCAN behaves as it normally does when transmitting and treats its own transmitted message as a message received from a remote node."

The received bits in the example are internally connected for testing purposes, this can be disabled by setting CTRL1[LPB] to 0b.

I hope you find this helpful!

Best regards,
Julián 

0 Kudos