cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing NXP S32k322

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a custom designed standalone NXP S32k322. I have been using it for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Segger J-Link Edu Mini flasher along with J-Flash Lite software to flash the controller. I have been flashing the program using the probe successfully for the last 2-3 weeks and the code was working fine on it. Now, my programs are getting flashed just fine, but the programs aren't executing as they were supposed to. I'm attaching an image for your reference.

Alos, in the image is my core 1 address correct?

I even tried flashing the programs that were working earlier but with no luck. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have purchased a PE Micro Multilink debug probe. Can you guide me on how to debug using the PE Micro debugger in the S32 DS.

I have connected the PE Micro debug probe to the S32k322 board, but I get the following error in the console,

"Could not connect to semihosting port due to connection timeout. Please check that the correct port number is configured."

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For PEMicro there are multiple guides posted in HOWTO:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/S32DS-list-of-HOWTOs/ta-p/1113475

You can always reach out PE support, but first go trough debug guides in link above. There should not be any issues.

Also make sure your board is switched to JTAG, if there are any jumpers related to it.

Best regards,

Peter

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi @petervlna 

I'm not sure if it is a hardware issue. Also, I'm pretty new with J-Link Edu mini and unsure how to debug using the probe, if you can guide me with that it will be great.

Also, I'm able to connect and erase Flash.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Since it is not NXP product I suggest you to get in touch with Segger for some training.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Now, my programs are getting flashed just fine, but the programs aren't executing as they were supposed to

Well, then do debugging of the SW. Or you suspect some HW issue?

petervlna_0-1710924651466.png

Are you able to erase micro and connect to it? With no SW programmed?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi,

Can you please just verify once if I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using Gpt_PitNotification to generate the notification from PIT0_IRQn and toggle the LEDs connected to PTC19 and PTC21 which is Mscr 83 and 85

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Such example is present in S32Ds by default:

petervlna_0-1711004935120.png

Have a look at it in order to understand the dependencies and do the modification for your board.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

pratik_a
Contributor III

I had already done the modifications and I was able to blink the LEDs using the timer. For unknown reasons, it stopped working when I erased the flash and retried to flash the code. 

Can you at least guide me in the direction of how to debug using the J-Link Edu Mini probe?

In the debug configuration, I'm getting the following error

Error while launching command: arm-none-eabi-gdb --version

pratik_a_0-1711025904537.png

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Can you at least guide me in the direction of how to debug using the J-Link Edu Mini probe?

No. I am using only Lauterbach debugger so I am not experienced with Segger.

But you can have a look at our HOWTO guides, I guess you will just follow general debug session procedure:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Build-a-Project-and-Setup-a-Debu...

@jiri_kral Can you comment here on starting the Segger debug session?

Best regards,

Peter

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi @petervlna 

Thank you for your valuable input.

Hi @jiri_kral I'm still stuck with it; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos