cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Not Transmitting Anything on S32K344EVB-S172

gormae1
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get UDP (transmitting and receiving) with lwIP working on an S32K344EVB-S172 project of mine. I can successfully transmit and receive UDP packets (through port 7, the echo port) in the NXP-provided lwIP example (lwip_s32k344), along with pinging. However, I am entirely unable to get any traffic whatsoever (even an ARP) in my own project (not the example project).

The configuration of all the relevant clocks, pins, and peripherals (tcipip_stack, GMAC, MCU, PIT, etc.) are pretty much identical. The same goes for the code — I copied the initialization code from the example verbatim.

Since I wasn't able to get it to work in my project, I figured I'd make a separate, minimal reproducible example project from the ground up which has the same setup and also doesn't work. See the attached project (UDP_Ground_Up.zip).

Here are some things which I've observed in the non-working project:

• The EMAC TX counters are incrementing
  • The PHY registers (read over MDIO) are identical to the working example (including the LINK UP one)
  • The EMAC RX counters are not incrementing despite pinging the board's IP
  • Nothing (at all) shows up on WireShark 
  • Debugging into the SDK and lwIP code doesn't reveal any kind of errors happening

I've also attached all my version information in case it is relevant (see ver_info.txt).

Thank you,

Elliot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

aadyaa
Contributor II

@gormae1Have you fixed the issue with your example project? I'm facing the same problem on Wireshark—no frames. Please share the solution if you've found it.

0 Kudos

CongDang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It will be very difficult to find problems with the information you provide. so I recommend you to use the NXP-provided lwIP example and customize it to suit your purpose

0 Kudos

gormae1
Contributor II

Hi,

If it's not possible to look at the attached example, would it be possible to get an NXP example of UDP sending (not echo) with lwIP and in NoSys on the K344?

Thanks,

Elliot

0 Kudos