cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet 100BASE_Tx with S32K148

Milado
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to set up Ethernet communication between my s32K148 EVB , ksz8041 NL as 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Physical Layer Transceiver and my pc.

I'm not so familair with network, so which example suggest you ? the ENET_loopback or lwip? 

As my undrestanding, ENET_loopback is for communication at MAC level only, but lwip example is for TCP/IP communication, is it right?

Secondly, is it mandatory to use a media converter in this case (PC-->ksz8041-->S32k148)? 

Thank you in advance,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Milado
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 
I could ping my PHY module (ksz8061) with lwip example.

But it is not clear how can I send and receive ethernet frame with S32k148. 
Is there any other example with send & receive fonctions?  

Best regards,

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

your understanding is correct. Use lwip example.

As you wrote ksz8041NL is a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX PHY so no media converter is needed to connect with PC.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

Milado
Contributor II

Hello Petr,

Thank you for your reply.

So, in the lwip example, should I implement the MAC layer? or is it already implemented in the lwip and I just need to put the correct MAC and IP addresses in the config?

Should I initialize ksz8041? or not, because a PHY means it's only a connection between RMII/MII and TCP/IP?

Thanks in advance.

BR, Milad

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MAC (ENET) is ported to the lwip stack so no further implementation is needed. Just set addresses etc. in tcpip component, refer to example.

No PHY init is done I think, PHY can be configured via strap options to run in some mode, and if iot is teh same with the option selected in stack, no PHY init is required.
Example description is given in file:///C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2.2/S32DS/software/S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0/doc/html_S32K148/lwip_s32k148_...

BR, Petr

0 Kudos