Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors creating a LIN Description file through S32DS

Jump to solution
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi.

I have the following question:

I'm trying to configure a Lin_Stack application project, I'm configuring it to use LIN J2602. In the component inspector window, when I configure the frames that will be sent/received, the S32DS eventually shows me that, for each slave node, there should be a response error signal (which fits well with my configuration).

LIN_ISSUE.PNG

However, the signal which is the response error in my LIN description file is not 3 bits long, as the configuration requires. I have a signal that will be in charge of carrying the response errors, but it is 8 bits long since it will carry other data as well.

LIN_ISSUE_2.PNG

If I try to add a signal which is not 3 bits long to the Response Error field, it gets cleared automatically. Also, if my signal is 3 bits long but doesn't have a 5-bit offset, I also get an error which shows that response errors must have a 5-bit offset.

LIN_ISSUE_3.PNG

Is there a way to set up my configuration without errors and make the S32DS recognize an 8 bit long signal as the response error signal? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as per feedback from LIN Stack expert this is not possible, see below...

As the J2602 Spec the Error signal must be 3 bit  and will be in all of slave transmission frame with offset 5. So we cannot do it.

LIN stack 1.jpg

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as per feedback from LIN Stack expert this is not possible, see below...

As the J2602 Spec the Error signal must be 3 bit  and will be in all of slave transmission frame with offset 5. So we cannot do it.

LIN stack 1.jpg

BR, Petr