cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation failed for peripherals

cw20
Contributor II

Hi,

My project is not building because of code generation failure in the peripherals. According to the error message, no function group is selected to be the default initialization function so it will be empty. How do I fix this?

cw20_0-1686061095201.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cw20 

When you create a new project you need to add the peripheral which you are needed at first.
After you add the related driver, then you can use the peripheral module in the IDE to configure the related module.

A possibility is that lacks the driver because when you create the project, you did not add the related driver.

Please correct me if this is not your case.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

cw20
Contributor II

HI @VaneB ,

I am specifically having issues with freeRTOS and tcpip - design studio cannot find the components and that may be why code generation for peripherals is failing. I've included the log file.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cw20 

Do you have installed on S32DS the FreeRTOS and TCPIP packages?

0 Kudos

cw20
Contributor II

Hi @VaneB ,

Yes, I do have both packages installed. And, I installed them in order, FreeRTOS first and then Tcpip second

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This issue could be caused by code generation timeout.

By default, Peripherals Tool has 15 seconds allocated for code generation (which should be more than enough). If code generation scripts do not finish their execution in 15 seconds, the code will not be generated.

The timeout can occur if the machine on which S32CT is running is slow/heavily loaded/code generation scripts are not optimized.

As a workaround for this issue, code generation timeout can be increased by adding the following argument into the s32ds.ini file (default path could be C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\s32ds.ini, it depends on the version of S32DS).

-Dcom.nxp.swtools.codegenscript.timeout = 60000 -> It will increase code generation timeout to 1 minute.

Or you can increase the timeout based on your environment.

Try this workaround and let me know the result.

0 Kudos

cw20
Contributor II

Hi @VaneB,

I have included all the necessary drivers and MCALs, this is what I have: 

cw20_0-1686101686222.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos

cw20
Contributor II

Update: I've fixed the functional group error but there is still an issue with code generation for peripherals

cw20_0-1686072259345.png

0 Kudos

cw20
Contributor II

when I build the project, there is also an issue with the tcpip library that is preventing it from building properly

cw20_0-1686076146477.png

0 Kudos