Can't write UJA1169 rigesters on S32k144

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't write UJA1169 rigesters on S32k144

jinxingcui
Contributor I

I've been using  UJA1169 chip on our PCB board(the CPU is S32k144) via SPI and been able to read  a few registers. But when I try to write to some control register ,the conent of the register don't change .For example,

I try to write to Mode control register (address 01h) the value 0x03 or 0x07 (MC) to make UJA1169 work in Normal mode or standby mode,but the result return from the  Mode control register is 0.  When I  write my program ,i have refered to the SDK offical program sbc_uja1169_s32k144.  when the pcb board have finished initialization, the uja1169 is in the forced normal mode, in this mode how can I write to some some rigesters? Such as the Mode control register ,CAN control register  and so on?

"In Forced Normal mode, only the Main status register, the Watchdog status register, the Identification register and registers stored in non-volatile memory can be read. The non-volatile memory area is fully accessible for writing as long as the UJA1169 is in the factory preset state (for details see Section 7.11)."   In the jua1169 userbook, I  find  these words, and I can read the Main status register, the Watchdog status register, the Identification register and registers stored in non-volatile memory correctly,but as I have mentioned above ,I  can not write to the registers.

Please ,I need some answers.

Thanks

JinXing Cui.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

crwang
Contributor I

hello ,did u fixed this issue. now we met same situation : read out the Mode control register ,SBC feedback 0x00.

and read factory configuration out :SBC configuration control register FNMC disabled ,SDMC enabled .

SLPC is Accepted .

However , MCU try to change the factory conguration SDMC  to disabled .but NVMPS = 0 , it reject reset the factory configuration .

Now SBC can not be set to sleep mode . 

how to deal with this issue .

I also try to do like this :Battery supply is off , RSTN PIN  pull down to GND  CANL short to GND , CANH short to 5V . then power on . 

but make no sense for the factory configuration .

0 Kudos

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You must disable FNMC mode by writing FNMC bitfield to 0. By default it is 1. 

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to update again this register you must perform hard reset as is presented in UJA1169 manual, because this register can't be updated after first write operation.

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos

crwang
Contributor I

hello ,did u fixed this issue. now we met same situation : read out the Mode control register ,SBC feedback 0x00. and read factory configuration out :SBC configuration control register FNMC disabled ,SDMC enabled . SLPC is Accepted . However , MCU try to change the factory conguration SDMC  to disabled .but NVMPS = 0 , it reject reset the factory configuration . Now SBC can not be set to sleep mode .  how to deal with this issue . I also try to do like this :Battery supply is off , RSTN PIN  pull down to GND  CANL short to GND , CANH short to 5V . then power on .  but make no sense for the factory configuration .

0 Kudos