TSN func on S32G-VNP-GLDBOX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSN func on S32G-VNP-GLDBOX

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

I have a S32G-VNP-GLDBOX hardware, it has SJA1110 switch which support TSN. I download the software of Linun-BSP for A53 core,  I can't find TSN code in it, does it support TSN?

I understand that the hardware SJA1110 support TSN, Linux-BSP code not support TSN, it has other software supported by NXP for TSN or not? If it is, can you tell me where is it? Maybe I have to configure something to support TSN on S32G-VNP-GLDBOX, can you give me some guide, Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
9 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

From my understanding:

1. Yes, the formal released BSP(for example, BSP39) is a collection of source code that can be used to create U-Boot boot loader, Linux kernel image, a root filesystem and an Arm Trusted Firmware (TF-A) images for the supported boards. These images are running on the A53 cores from the S32G platform.
  2. Not correct, GMAC, PFE are the network related IPs on S32G, they can be accessed and used by both the A53 cores and the M7 cores on S32G.
  3. Not correct, Qav, Qbv are the TSN related features/protocols that are supported by the network related hardware, it is not the feature that directly related with ARM cores, actually, if enough software has been implemented, these features can be used and tested via both A53 cores(may run under Linux) and M7 cores(may run from BareMetal applications).

Currently, from BSP view, the PTP and Qav is supported(described in Chapter 8 of BSP user manual). For other kinds of software, it is better to inquiry to your local NXP FAE.

1. Not correct, from my understanding, the PTP is supported under Linux BSP, which can be used with Linux application, as a result, it is based on A53 cores.

The snapshot you attached is a known issue that existed before BSP39, while this bug is fixed in recent release, the GMAC is now functional when using ptp since BSP39.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

You are welcome!

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

Thanks for reply

1. Theoretically, the TSN could implemented on both A cores and M cores, I know that some of the NXP MPU product could support TSN with A cores, while some MCU products could support some of TSN features via their M cores.
  2. Currently from our on-line support view for S32G, we could only see that some of the TSN features are supported in latest BSP, with linuxptp and/or tc utilities used under Linux, so that it is A core based implementation.
  3. We recommend sending your inquiry to your local NXP FAE, for them to verify if there is any documentation/demos available for TSN, to check if there are additional M core based(or involved) TSN implementation for your reference.

We do apologize for your inconvenience.

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Hello,

I get the info from S32G linux-bsp, I have several questions now,

1、 in my understand the Linux-bsp is for A core ?  Is it right?

2、GMAC is on M core ,  PFE is on A core, for S32G-VNP-GLDBOX. Is it right?

3、S32G now only support Qav and Qbv on M core, not linux-bsp driver, but  BSP driver.Is it right?

4、PTP is supported on M core for Linux OS?

yangjinzhuang_0-1705907358791.png

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Thanks

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

Thanks for the questions

1. From hardware view, the SJA1110 supports TSN(802.1Qav, Qbv, AS, Qci and CB)
  2. From the BSP software view, the GMAC BSP driver only supports Qbv and Qav
  3. Chapter 8 of BSP39 user manual is the latest and only public description of setting up/configure the TSN from BSP view.
  4. SJA1110 related sources are mostly under NDA. we can recommend sending your inquiry to your local NXP FAE, for them to verify if there is any documentation/demos available for TSN with SJA1110.

We do apologize.

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Hello,

I am not sure that the TSN runs on A core or M core in NXP's design.

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from  local NXP FAE.

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Does the Linux-BSP software for GLDBOX include the sdk for SJA1110? 

How to configure and develop SJA1110 to support TSN?

0 Kudos