Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A - FreeRTOS memory allocation method issue

Jump to solution
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

There is an build error if I try to select "“support dynamic allocation” setting.

Could you help to confirm the dynamic allocation selection support on FreeRTOS?

Following are my procedure.

Building target: Linflexd_Uart_Ip_Example_S32G274A_M7

If we use “support dynamic allocation” setting, the build will be success.

Shenghao_0-1683076793422.png

If we select to “support static allocation”, the build will be failed and come out following error message.

Shenghao_1-1683076793457.png

Shenghao_2-1683076793481.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi NXP, 

I've derived below information for customer reference.

https://freertos.org/zh-cn-cmn-s/a00110.html
If you need to use "static allocation", configSUPPORT_STATIC_ALLOCATION need to be set as 1, and you will need to use xTaskCreateStatic to create the task and include vApplicationGetIdleTaskMemory() and vApplicationGetTimerTaskMemory() to allocate the memory szie for them.

However, they concernd if they modify the code by themselves, it might impact the Austosar application.

Is this possible? 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi NXP, 

I've derived below information for customer reference.

https://freertos.org/zh-cn-cmn-s/a00110.html
If you need to use "static allocation", configSUPPORT_STATIC_ALLOCATION need to be set as 1, and you will need to use xTaskCreateStatic to create the task and include vApplicationGetIdleTaskMemory() and vApplicationGetTimerTaskMemory() to allocate the memory szie for them.

However, they concernd if they modify the code by themselves, it might impact the Austosar application.

Is this possible? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the "configSUPPORT_STATIC_ALLOCATION", this can be modified within Config Tools, as shown below:

DanielAguirre_1-1683656902987.png

And it should automatically, once the code is updated, replace the previous configuration with the newer one.

As for the modifications, given this is FreeRTOS-related (and required by the scheme), we recommend sending this inquiry to FreeRTOS itself, for them to clarify these points. We cannot see any information regarding the impact on Autosar implementation for this scheme. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
FreeRTOS_org
Contributor IV

Any function that starts "Application" has to be provided by the application writer - they are basically callbacks.  These two particular functions are described on the FreeRTOS configuration documentation page.