cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G Uboot tftp download files

Jump to solution
learnx
Contributor III

Referring to the AN13185 document, files can be downloaded normally using GMAC. Now I want to use other interfaces, such as PFE MAC1. How should I configure Uboot’s environment variables?

learnx_0-1711424531162.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @learnx

I just created BSP33 images and use them running on a RDB2 to have a try locally.

I found that with the following settings from uboot variables based on default settings, the PFE2(U58 from the picture you attached) could be used under u-boot to communicate with the host:

setenv pfengemac 2

setenv ipaddr xxxx

setenv serverip xxxx

ping $serverip

Attached to pfe2

Using eth_pfeng device

host xxxxx is alive

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @learnx

I just created BSP33 images and use them running on a RDB2 to have a try locally.

I found that with the following settings from uboot variables based on default settings, the PFE2(U58 from the picture you attached) could be used under u-boot to communicate with the host:

setenv pfengemac 2

setenv ipaddr xxxx

setenv serverip xxxx

ping $serverip

Attached to pfe2

Using eth_pfeng device

host xxxxx is alive

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

Fuan_Ning
Contributor I

您好!

请问s32g2ardb2在uboot阶段是否可以ping通pfe_emac0,也就是通过连接sja1110网口使用tftp,如何操作

谢谢

0 Kudos
Fuan_Ning
Contributor I
s32g274ardb2
bsp33
0 Kudos
learnx
Contributor III

thank you

0 Kudos
chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @learnx

Thanks for the questions

I could understand that you are using a RDB2, may I know which BSP used in your test? You may want to download images under U-boot via PFE port, is it right?

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos
learnx
Contributor III

Sorry, the background of my question and my requirements are not very clear. I will ask again.
Hardware environment: S32G274ARDB2
Software environment: BSP33.0
Requirement: Download the sdcard image through the PFE port in Uboot
What I tried:
1. Follow the steps described in 2.3.4 "Flashing image with SD card-less" of document AN13185 to download the image normally. The port used in the document is GMAC.
2. I want to download the image through the PFE port. Under uboot, I tried to modify the environment variables ethact, pfengmac, pfeng_mode, ipaddr and serverip, but none of them successfully communicated with my host.

0 Kudos