PFE status is always UP even when the phy is out of link for the hardware GLDBOX(S32G274A+SJA1110)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFE status is always UP even when the phy is out of link for the hardware GLDBOX(S32G274A+SJA1110)

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Hello,

I want do something for the ethernet link down event with the hardware GLDBOX, but I find that  the PFE0/1/2 alway on UP status even when the phy has no link.

In my understand, the phy is down when it has no link,  and the PFE interface will be on DOWN status.  Can you help me why it is always on UP status.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 094312.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

Thanks for the feedback.

I tested with BSP33 on a RDB2, attached is the log for your reference which is  showing the status changes of PFE2 while plugging/unplugging the cables, no issues shown during the test with default BSP configuration.

For PFE0, when it is not up, the link status from ethtool is also no, but when ifconfig pfe0 up, the link status is always yes, regardless of the cable plugging status, because the PFE0 connected to the switch(SJA1110).

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

Thanks for the feedback.

I have tested it under BSP33 with local RDB2 board, but did not reproduce the issue, the link status of pfe1/2 seems fine while plugging/unplugging the cables.

May I know if you could have another try? If still issues found, would you please help to share the steps for triggering such issue from your side?

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

yangjinzhuang
Contributor III

Hello,

I use " ifconfig " CLI to get the status with no connect  ethernet cables, it apprears UP.

Did you test use "ioctl" systerm call to set UP/DOWN the PFE1/2?  I also try this method and failed.

Did you test PFE0, PFE0 has more than one PHYs, what about it's UP/DOWN status while plugging/unplugging the cables.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @yangjinzhuang

Thanks for the question.

May I know in which BSP you encountered such issues?

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos