Nxp Goldbox Setup - CAN, ETHERNET

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nxp Goldbox Setup - CAN, ETHERNET

dungen_master1
Contributor I

I am using NXP Goldbox and I am quite new to it. I need some guidance on how to start with it. I have to perform can read and write along with can parsing on the goldbox and enable ethernet port for communication.

Requesting kind help in this regards 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for the delay due during business trip in recent days.

I noticed that my colleague has helped to start the support(via 00626886), then let’s focus on that side.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

dungen_master1
Contributor I
Its okay Chenyin, I am facing few issues, listing a few below :
1. For the sample LED blink example, I am able to build the example, binary and elf file is getting generated. And for flashing I dont have S32 Debug Proble. So when i am trying to flash via S32 Flash Tool, the binary is getting transferred to the board, but i dont see any LED light up on the board , so i connected external LED to PA_06 , and for the blinking code also, the LED is getting ON and its not blinking.
2. I am having Lauterbatch with me, so if detailed steps will be provided for flashing /debugging, it would be great
0 Kudos

dungen_master1
Contributor I

INTEGRATE LLCE_CAN/LIN(MCAL DRIVER) TO S32DS 3.4 [https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-goldbox-for-vehicle-network-processing:G... I am referring this link to setup S32 Design Studio so that I can run the CAN examples given in the document. I had installed DS 3.4 and RTD, but unable to set the clock to 40 MHz and also the OS section is not coming up as shown in the screenshot

dungen_master1_0-1718542373860.png

dungen_master1_1-1718542386293.png

So, if exact detailed steps would be provided, it would be really helpful

0 Kudos

dungen_master1
Contributor I
Hi Team, can anyone please help regarding this
0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @dungen_master1 

Thanks for the reply.

May I know your specific requirements?

1. If you want to use the CAN/ethernet on A cores with BSP, then IDE is not involved, you may only download the pre-built images and flash them to the SD to boot the board, then in Linux, you may use the CAN/ethernet directly. For samples, you may directly reference the BSP UM.
  2. If you want to use the CAN/ethernet on M cores, then you may have to learn to use the IDE, like S32DS and EB to generate the binaries which could be run on M cores to drive the CAN/ethernet. For samples, you may try the examples in RTD/PFE MCAL driver.

It is a wide topic, you may try it and raise tickets for any specific issues met, we are happy to help then.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the questions.

1. Firstly, you may reference the following link to get started with the board: https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-goldbox-for-vehicle-network-processing:G...
  2. Then reading the S32G-VNP-GLDBOX User Guide for basic board usage
  3. Run the BSP following the BSP UM. When the board could be booted with the BSP images, the CAN/ethernet ports could be operated correctly. You may use the basic Linux commands to receive/send frames via both CAN/ethernet ports.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

dungen_master1
Contributor I

Can you please guide me regarding the IDE and compiler, I am getting confused with the solutions given on the website. And also if a sample code will be helpful

0 Kudos