cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Core RTD Examples on S32DS

halilmutlu
Contributor II

Hello,

RTD examples for S32DS are all for single core (except IPCF). Is there any plan to provide more example on multi-core applications?

I have been reading many material about S32G processors for now and also run several examples with S32DS. However, I could not see comprehensive explanation about using configuration tools on multi-core applications. Only IPCF example utilizes two cores, but on that example no other peripheral is used, no pins are activated. Furthermore, what is done in configuration tools and what is on the code are not explained at all. For example, why MPU unit is present and how it is partitioned, what is the modifications on the code to comply multi-core behavior.

The architecture is comprehensively explained in highly technical manner in the documents, but information about implementing them using tools and drivers seems to be missing.

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

thank you st_ra, halilmutlu,

some updated reply provided https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32G/Boot-Linux-on-Cortex-A53-and-FreeRTOS-on-Cortex-M7/m-p/1429210/hig...

hope that helps.

Albert
0 Kudos

st_ra
Contributor II

Im facing the same issues. Also all documentation that explains something like that is outdated.. Like how to configure u-boot clock init, how to configure bootloader, xRDC.. Other than example for IPCF I could not get working both A53 and M7 core in parallell (unfortunately latest example for IPCF with RTD v3 and bsp31 also does not work..)

0 Kudos