cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRQ configuration on S32G2

gse31
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a GPIO as an external interrupt on a S32G274A, from M7_0.
The GPIO used (PJ_06) is not an "eirq".
How to do this ? (from the pin configuration tool, unable to set it as an interrupt, since this pin is not one of the 32 eirq I guess).
Is it managed by RTD drivers? siul2_lcu?
The RM says "You can configure external interrupt sources at the chip level to be used with any chip pad" but I don't know what the chip level means.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gse31
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info. WKPU is now used by the SW to manage this pad, but I did not try yet on board.

For another SW configuration, we need to manage this IRQ on WKPU3 with linux.
This pad (wkpu3) is connected to the IRQ output of a hw device.
In the linux device tree, the node for this hw device has a property to provide the IRQ line.
Do you know if the NXP linux BSP manages the WKPU and this can be set as an interrupt controller (like siul2/gpio) ?
The only information I found so far is a wkpu configuration in the TF-A DTS to manage SOC wake-up.
Do I need to configure this pad as an IRQ in TF-A? How to make the link with the linux device-tree?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you are saying, if you are looking to use the "Logical OR of all pin interrupts" handler, the PAD you are using should be one of the 32 available EIRQ available.

The one you are trying to use has the WKUP3 function to it, which is not related to the above-mentioned handler. The section related to this function is the one shown on the Chapter 22 of the S32G2 reference manual [Page 753, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 6, 11/2022].

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos