How to run differentiated apps on different m7 cores ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run differentiated apps on different m7 cores ?

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

I am wondering whether we can run different apps on different m7 cores by start m7 command ?  If yes, how to do that ? Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

SSyb
Contributor III

Depends on what an "app" is for you, You may want to try with a multicore-enabled operating system (like AUTOSAR-OS). Or bare metal: you can boot from flash different binaries on different cores, with the help of the NXP example bootloader for the M7. It is described in application note AN13750. If you want to omit the Linux part: also fine. you can choose to boot only the M7 cores with the bootloader too.

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

Thanks caring.

Let me talk with you about baremetal images firstly, and could you please tell me how to give address to startm7 command for different apps located in flash partition ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

SSyb
Contributor III

Not sure what you mean with the "startm7 command" (but mayber that is because you did not explain the context...)

Anyway: when you use the bootloader, you configure which image to be started on which core in the EB Tresos tool. It is described in AN13750.

SSyb_0-1687250629268.png

What the generated bootloader source code internally does is to use the MC_ME engine of the S32G2 to prepare start addresses for the respective image fragments and then release the cores from reset. you don' t need to do this yourself if you use the bootloader.If you donÄt want to use a bootloader like this, you have to implement the logic yourself.

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

Thanks caring.

Not sure what you mean with the "startm7 command" (but mayber that is because you did not explain the context...)

[Eric] startm7 is the unique command for m7core under uboot as ipcf sample running method. We are considering the demo by such kind of command to run.

Thanks

0 Kudos

SSyb
Contributor III

ah, ok. I was missign that part. UBOOT I have not used, and the bootloader I mentioned comes into play if it is the first thing you boot from the flash (or SD card).

If you want to use U-Boot, I guess my hint does not help.

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV
Got your idea, keep in touch.
0 Kudos