How to flash and debug GoldVIP for S32G3 package

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash and debug GoldVIP for S32G3 package

Karthik_7
Contributor III

How can I flash and debug the GoldVIP for S32G3 package? I've made some COM-related modifications using EB tresos and successfully generated configuration changes and build the software.

Now, I need guidance on flashing the software onto the S32G399 reference board and debugging it. Any procedure or documentation suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My primary objective is to flash and debug the software.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for the feedback.

Generally speaking, the GoldVIP-S32G3-1.x.0-User-Manual is the main document for using demos in GoldVIP, the chapter 14 of it introduced the background and the operation steps on using the can-gw example, the M7 application binary that you generated is only part of the images used for demonstrate the use case. Simply only running it on M7 core cannot behaved as expected.

Would you mind sharing the GoldVIP version you used? I suggest reading the UM carefully first, and I will check if there are other more detailed document/guide for your further reference for this can-gw demo.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h,

Thanks for the response.
I am using the below highlighted version.

Karthik_7_0-1711530125803.png

Here my first intention is just to free run the can-gw SW on M7 cores, i am not focusing on over all use case currently.

for time being even executing it just from the RAM is okay for me then I can move to Nor Flash.

Thank you 

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for the feedback.

In general, it is not mandatory to create a bootloader before using the examples, you are able to try the examples directly.

But if you want to run the examples to sample the can-gw functionality, as described in chapter 7 of the "S32G Vehicle Integration Platform (GoldVIP) User Manual for S32G3", the bootloader is needed to load the application images (ARM Trusted Firmware for A53_0 and CAN-GW for Cortex-M7) sequentially from QSPI Flash.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

@chenyin_h  thank you for the response,

So could you please clarify  below query

1. what is the procedure I need to follow for flashing GoldVIP can-gw eb tresos package to nor flash 

2. What is the procedure if I need to just RUN the GoldVIP can-gw eb tresos package on ram and debug 

Thank you 

Regard 

Karthik 

0 Kudos

chenyin_h
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Karthik_7

Thanks for the questions

From my understanding, you may need to flash the bootloader and/or application running on M core, correct me if any misunderstanding had.

An useful document for flashing the binaries is the AN13727, which could be downloaded from NXP.com, you may reference this document for the details.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Chenyin

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello @chenyin_h ,
Thank you for your response ,i will go through the document AN13727 for flashing binaries,

My main aim is to flash and debug the Goldvip Can-gw eb tresos based software package.

and i have another doubt, do i require to flash any boot image prior flashing this Goldvip Can-gw sw on M7 core.

Regards

Karthik

0 Kudos

Karthik_7
Contributor III

Hello,
Do i need to flash bootloader prior to this.

I need guidance on flashing the software onto the M7 core of S32G399 reference board and debugging it.

0 Kudos