cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get system Tick value in S32g2

naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi,

i am trying to create an application with S32G2, where it needs to read the value of current system tick counter, i have checked the data sheet, but i am not getting any details related to the system tick values,

kindly provide on how to read the system tick values

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

in freertos, we are getting tickcont from xTaskGetTickcount(), but we are looking for an option where we can read the tick count from the M7 core register if available,

is there any option to read tick count?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For what we can see, there is no usage of an internal timer for the tick count. We see the function xTaskIncrementTick might be related to the tick count, but aside from this there is no special register that we see under S32G2. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

naveenkumar_muthusamy
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

We are trying to read the tick count from M7 core 0, we are using freertos in our application.

The RTD version used is

The S32 Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 Version 3.0.2 Hotfix 01 is AUTOSAR 4.4.0 compliant.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We assume you are talking about the tick count under FreeRTOS. If so, the following information is provided by FreeRTOS itself:

https://www.freertos.org/a00021.html#xTaskGetTickCount

For which, we think that the xTaskGetTickCount() should be the function that you are looking for.

Still, could be that we are still misunderstanding your question. If so we apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you looking into reading the tick counter from the M7 core (real-time application) or from the A53 core (linux application)?

If from M7 core, which RTD version are you using? If from Linux, which BSP version are you using?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos