How can I use the interrupt of Flexible Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) on S32G274?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How can I use the interrupt of Flexible Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) on S32G274?

1,115 次查看
sarh2o
Contributor II

Hi NXP experts,

I'm using a S32G-EVB board equipped with S32G274.

I'd like to use the PPS interrupt to implement a hardware timer.

Here is my scenario:

Let me take PPS0 as an example. I'd like to generate a 100ms timer.

1. I configured the start time of the first pulse in "MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Seconds" and "MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Nanoseconds" according to the current PTP time(sec=5; nsec=13947460). The start time of the first pulse is (sec=7; nsec=0).

2. When the time reached, an interrupt was generated with MAC_Timestamp_Status=0x2 (TSTARGT0:Timestamp Target Time Reached for PPS0). Till now, everything was fine. In the ISR, I updated "MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Seconds" and "MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Nanoseconds" with (sec=7; nsec=100000000).

3. Then I got another interrupt with MAC_Timestamp_Status=0x8(TSTRGTERR0: Timestamp Target Time Error for PPS0). I checked the PTP time of the interrupt: sec=7; nsec=39637340 which was far from sec=7; nsec=100000000

In GMACSUBSYSRM, the description of TSTRGTERR0 is as below:

This bit is set when the latest target time programmed in the MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Seconds and
MAC_PPS0_Target_Time_Nanoseconds registers elapses.

From above, we can see that the time configured in the Target Time registers did NOT elapse.

Following chapter 1.16.10.5 Programming Guidelines for Flexible Pulse-Per-Second Output of GMACSUBSYSRM, I tried setting TRGTMODSEL0 of MAC_PPS_Control to

00b - Target Time registers are programmed only for generating the interrupt event.

10b - Target Time registers are programmed for generating the interrupt event and starting or
stopping the PPS0 output signal generation

When TRGTMODSEL0 == 10b, I also tried setting PPSCTRL_PPSCMD of MAC_PPS_Control to

0000: No Command

0001: START Single Pulse

0010: START Pulse Train

But I always got the same result as I showed above: MAC_Timestamp_Status=0x8 in the second interrupt.

Could you please let me know whether I did anything wrong?

What should I do to achieve my aim: the scenario described above?

Thanks!

0 项奖励
回复
1 回复

1,026 次查看
MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you programming the Width(MAC_PPS0_Width) and interval(MAC_PPS0_Interval) registers correctly? Also, please follow the steps "1.16.10.5.2 Generating Next Pulse on PPS repeatedly" for generating the pulse in a repeated time manner.

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 项奖励
回复