Does yocto bsp version support u-boot SPL feature for S32G rdb3 or march-s32 based board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does yocto bsp version support u-boot SPL feature for S32G rdb3 or march-s32 based board?

minghu_du
Contributor III

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

minghu_du
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, 'march-s32' is an ARM arch in U-boot of yocto release/bsp35.0. As you know I want to use the SPL feature of U-boot on my s32g rdb3 in order to automatically switch to a safe U-boot when SPL loads a bad U-boot image. I have done this successfully on i.mx6, but the s32grdb3 U-boot seems does not support SPL feature. Does the ATF meet my requirement?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Minghu

0 Kudos

ghennadi_procopciuc
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Minghu,

The U-Boot version included in Linux BSP for S32G doesn’t support SPL by default. In addition, the boot flow used for the S32G platform may differ from that used on IMX platforms because it targets different use cases. Currently, the stages included in TF-A for S32G will not be able to detect cases when a set of images is corrupted or unsuitable for loading, followed by a fallback to an old revision (safe case). Therefore, we would be interested to understand your use case. Could you please elaborate on the high-level use case to better understand the solution you’re trying to build?

Regards,
Ghennadi
0 Kudos

minghu_du
Contributor III

I used SPL + watchdog to implement that. If a broken U-boot is loaded the watchdog will trigger a timeout reset and then SPL loads the safe U-boot.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you elaborate more on what you are referring to u-boot SPL? Also, we cannot find anything related to a march-s32 based board.

As for RDB3, you can look into what it is available under the BSP for S32 Microcontrollers and Processors product page (link: BSP for S32 MCUs and Processors | NXP Semiconductors). At this moment, only the S32G2 processor is shown on the available devices (regarding S32G family), but should give you a general idea of what it is available on the S32G family.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have the following update:

"Linux BSP does not include this functionality as this is the role of BL2 stage from ATF (SPL - Secondary program loader. Sets up SDRAM and loads U-Boot proper. It may also load other firmware components.)"

Please, let us know.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos