cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing core frequency on a S32G2

Flamix
Contributor I

Hello,
I'm quite new at working with the S32G2 family, I used to work with iMX6 in the past. The iMX had the utility cpufreq installed in the yocto image I had built. However I cannot figure a way to either add cpufreq for my S32G2 image, or just to modify the cpu frequency in another way. 
To put it simply the idea is to be able to test lower frequencies to try and lower the thermal output of the cpu in the dev kit we have. 
I am currently using the BSP 37 and then building "bitbake fsl-image-auto"
Let me know if I need to add any kind of details. 
Thanks in advance for any help or tips. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that this feature is supported under BSP37.0 by the name "Dynamic Frequency Scaling". The following is told under the BSP37.0 User Manual [BSP37.0, Page 124]:

"BSP 37.0 supports Dynamic Frequency Scaling (DFS) for the A53 cores, meaning that the clock frequency of the CPUs can be adjusted on the fly in order to save energy. Note that this is an experimental feature for the time being."

Steps required to apply this feature to your build are also provided under the BSP37.0 User Manual, under Chapter 23.4.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Flamix
Contributor I
Hello thank you for your help. I'm starting the download process from the git. However I am not able to get my hands on the BSP37.0 User Manual you mentioned. Could you provide me with a link ?
Thank you in advance
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is no direct link which we can provide. But if your account has the required access, you should be able to access it through the following steps:

- Sign in to your NXP account (Automotive, IoT & Industrial Solutions | NXP Semiconductors)
- Click on "My NXP Account" (top-right) and click on "Software Licensing and Support" under the "Licensing" section within the window it opens.
- This will redirect you to another page. In this new page, select the option "View Accounts" under the "Software accounts" section.
- This will again redirect you to another page. On this page, you should see an "Automotive SW - S32G - Linux BSP (Cortex-A53)" option, click on it.
- In here, select the BSP version you are looking (verifying is the same platform as the one you are developing), then click the option. In there, you should see the available documentation for the selected BSP version.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Flamix
Contributor I

Sorry to bother you once more, however I can only see the BSP33.0 in there. How could I ask for/gain access to the documentation of the latest versions ? 
thanks again for your answers

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It seems that your account is not enabled for other releases. We recommend contacting your local NXP representative, for them to channel your request adequately, since through this channel we are not enabled for providing accesses.

We do apologize.

Also, as a note, we are seeing that this feature is available since BSP35.0, could be of help.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos