Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry, PFE question

markusregner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Blackberry:

but I am looking for some guidance related to the GMAC subsystem on the S32G2 SoC.

I am trying to implement multicast hash filtering in our driver for this network device but it doesn’t seem to want to work. I’m hoping someone will be able to provide some advice about whether I am doing something wrong with how I am setting up the filter.

I am first enabling the filter by setting the HMC bit in the MAC_Packet_Filter register (0ffset 0x8). And then I am setting the hash filter using the provided registers (MAC_Hash_Table_Reg0 - MAC_Hash_Table_Reg7). However after setting the filter bits I do not see the expected multicasts arrive on the interface (checked with the hardware counters). I have even tried setting all 256 bits of the hash filter to 1, which should allow all multicasts to pass the filter, but that still does not allow any multicasts to be received.

Do you know if there is any demo code that shows how these filter registers should be used. Do they need to be set in a specific order?

As a test I tried setting the PM (Pass All Multicast) bit in the MAC_Packet_Filter register and that does allow me to see the multicasts arrive on the interface. But I do need the proper hash filtering to work, I can’t allow the interface to just receive all multicast packets.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

markusregner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mayank, Some days ago Blackberry checked their driver again and they discovered that a line somewhere in their driver was quietly un-setting one of the bits they were setting, and that was preventing the hash filtering from working.

Now with that line removed their hash filter works as expected.

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @markusregner

Thanks for updating us.

We are closing the ticket.

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @markusregner,

Hope you are doing good.

Can you please try after enabling the HPF(Hash or Perfect Filter) bit along with the HCM bit of MAC_Packet_Filter?

when this bit is set, the address filter passes a packet if it matches hash filtering.

Also, you can try doing calculations of the received packets as mentioned in the GMACSUBSYSRM.pdf on Page 52. if that calculation will result 

1'b1 then only the packet will be accepted.

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos