Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between auto_yocto_bsp and radar-sdk for S32R45

Jump to solution
aiweixin
Contributor IV

Hi,

I try to build the linux image for S32R45. I find there are two ways to get linux bsp:

A: https://source.codeaurora.org/external/autobsps32/auto_yocto_bsp (S32R45_LinuxBSP_33.0_User_Manual.pdf)

aiweixin_0-1667379124046.png

B:https://source.codeaurora.org/external/autoobsps32/extra/radar-sdk (S32R45_RSDK__1.0.0/Docs/RSDK_User_Manual/index.html)

aiweixin_1-1667379159798.png

What's the difference between A and B? B contain RSDK, and A not?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi please refer to the attached document. 

It contains a detailed description of the steps to build the RSDK on Windows. 

Please notice that the document is for a different and previous version of the RSDK, but the overall and general steps should be quite similar. 

Saludos,

Alejandro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

The radar-sdk (B) adds an extra yocto layer on top of the basic bsp (A). This layer takes care of generating the .ko modules, libraries, and dts changes to enable the Radar SDK (RSDK). 

This means that you can use drivers for internal IPs like:

SPT, BBE32, LAX, OAL, MIPI_CSI2 and the TEF82XX Radar Front end. 

One thing to keep in mind is that (B) requires to download the RSDK source code offline from nxp.com, as this source code is not public in codeaurora. 

Saludos,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
aiweixin
Contributor IV

Hi, Alejandro

aiweixin_0-1668397104606.png

Do it means I can only get Binary file(such as modules, libraries) from codeaurora, and package them to linux rootfs by "bitbake" command?

download the RSDK source code offline from nxp.com, waht is the URL or path to download it?

best wishes!

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most of the recipes fetch the source code as well, but in case of the Radar SDK, it only builds the .ko, libraries and installs them into the rootfs. The recipes into  meta-rsdk do not fetch the source code of the RSDK. 

To get the source code of the RSDK you have to sign-in into your NXP account. Go to Software Licensing and Support-> Software Accounts->Automotive SW S32R45 Radar SDK.

You should see something like this:

alejandrolozan1_0-1668449248618.png

Saludos,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
aiweixin
Contributor IV

Hi, Alejandro

I have installed RSDK__1.0.0 into the path as same as S32DS in windows. According to me, i can build RSDK application by S32DS.

But, I see the .ko and libraries of RSDK(LAX, SPT, etc.) will be build with command “make” on <RSDK_User_Manual>. What is the environment on <RSDK_User_Manual>? win or linux?

aiweixin_0-1668480376072.png

In addition, can I use "make" to rebuild RSDK Simply in windows, or copy RSDK__1.0.0 directory to the linux(Ubuntu) , and rebuild it?

Is there a more detailed help document?

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi please refer to the attached document. 

It contains a detailed description of the steps to build the RSDK on Windows. 

Please notice that the document is for a different and previous version of the RSDK, but the overall and general steps should be quite similar. 

Saludos,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
aiweixin
Contributor IV

It's very helpful to me, thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos