Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Sorry, but it is not graphically clear to me why you are looking to change the duty cycle twice in a PWM cycle, can you please give me more detail?

0 Kudos

zhangchun
Contributor III

hello

I conducted an experiment to verify that PWM can change the duty cycle twice within a cycle

Centrally symmetric complementary PWM: 10KHz

TIMER: 50us or 20KH, update PWM duty cycle, PWM duty cycle from 25% to 50% and then to 75%

The waveform generated by PWM is like this. It seems that the duty cycle can be changed twice within one cycle of PWM

zhangchun_2-1687918832864.png

Previously, it was mainly changed during the operation of the motor, and the change in duty cycle was particularly small each time, resulting in no visible effect. By amplifying the change in duty cycle each time, the change in duty cycle can be seen

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you very much for your feedback. You can find more about Updating FTM registers in section 4.3 of AN5303.

0 Kudos

zhangchun
Contributor III
hello
I am currently working on DC brushless motor control and have this requirement in order to achieve better control effect

PWM is configured as center aligned, with 3 complementary PWM pairs at a frequency of 10KHz. The PWM duty cycle is updated through the SVPWM algorithm during TIMER timed interrupts. Now, there is a question. Does S32K144 hardware support updating the PWM duty cycle twice within a PWM cycle? (i.e. TIMER timing set to 50us, 20KHz)
0 Kudos