Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 SDK RTM 4.0.0 flash example error

Jump to solution
adria
Contributor I

Hello,

I have noticed, among others, a criticial change in the S32 Configuration Tool compared to processor expert.

This change is in flash peripheral, since by default it sets the callback as NULL, while processor expert by default set it as NULL_CALLBACK, which is the right value. Since in the RAM function in SDK this callback is compared with NULL_CALLBACK (which is 0xFFF... and not 0) and then it calls it. With S32 Configuration tool it is very easy to miss that and generate the code with callback = NULL. And in this case in the code when we call any flash function which calls the RAM function then we will execute an illegal instruction.

This mistake is also present in the examples.

Best regards,

Adria

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello adria@etergo.com‌,

You're right, this changes every time updates, what you could do is use the GetDefaultConfig API and modify manually the parameters you want to use or copy them from the config tool.

I will report this issue to the apps team, thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
adria
Contributor I

Hello again,

Another error I detected is in S32 Configuration Tool which automatically resets the (modified by me) NULL_CALLBACK value to NULL whenever you do any different change via the S32 Configuration Tool. This is very annoying and can lead to lots of hours lost.

Best regards,

Adria

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adria,

You're right, by default, if you use the configuration without defining a callback this will compare it with the NULL_CALLBACK and will crash, the best way to change this will be to replaced in the configuration the callback name for the NULL_CALLBACK. If you do this and do more changes in the peripheral view this name will keep it.

pastedImage_1.png

Also is important that you don't modify the drivers and the files in the SDK folder since these are managed by the config tools and any changes done will be replaced. If you want to create any API related to the driver I will suggest to create your own .c and .h

Best Regards,
Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
adria
Contributor I

Hello Alexis,

I already tried that, but then any time I enter the tool again to modify whatever else, it automatically changes from NULL_CALLBACK to NULL, and I cannot be paying attention to which files will be updated each time I do a modification with the S32 Configuration Tool.

I never manually touch nor SDK nor generated code.

Best regards,

Adria

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello adria@etergo.com‌,

You're right, this changes every time updates, what you could do is use the GetDefaultConfig API and modify manually the parameters you want to use or copy them from the config tool.

I will report this issue to the apps team, thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos