Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM input capture and PWM with Processor Expert

Jump to solution
EE_CW
Contributor III

Hello together

I tried to use the FTM5 for generating a PWM Signal on Channel 0 and measure a Signal with Input Capture on Channel 1.

For this I added a ftm PWM component and a ftm IC component.

The problem is, that each FLEX Timer can only be assigned to one component. But If a PWM component has been choosen, only PWM can be configured within this component. The same problem with the input capture component.

So how can I realize this with processor expert?

s32_ftm.PNG

Thanky for your answers

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos
1 Solution
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario,

Exactly, the hardware doesn't have this type of restriction. So, you can do this use-case on your own.

Please check carefully this chapter"45.5.3.4 Counter reset".

If you want to accelerate your development I think you can keep one of the drivers PWM or OC and implement the other one with registers access to match your requirements. In this case production ready qualification will be affected.

Best regards,

Razvan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This is a limitation added in SDK because FTM have only one counter and if IC and PWM or other possible combination are used the counter can be reset and change the behavior of the application. For example period measurement can be affected if duty is update with immediate update.

Best regards,

Razvan

EE_CW
Contributor III

Hi Razvan

Thanks for your answer.

So that means, that with the Processor Expert it will be not possible.

But it is possible if I do not use the SDK, right?

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mario,

Exactly, the hardware doesn't have this type of restriction. So, you can do this use-case on your own.

Please check carefully this chapter"45.5.3.4 Counter reset".

If you want to accelerate your development I think you can keep one of the drivers PWM or OC and implement the other one with registers access to match your requirements. In this case production ready qualification will be affected.

Best regards,

Razvan