cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown options empty for PHY component

Jump to solution
danielnäslund
Contributor III

IDE:  S32DS Power 2017.R1, Build id: 171018.
SDK: S32PA BETA SDK v1.9.0

SDK example project: phy_autoneg_mpc5748g

BOARD: DEVKIT-MPC5748G

The example projects uses ProcessExpert for configuration. When I press the "Generate Processor Expert Code" button in the Components view, the IDE reports these errrors:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Generator: ERROR: There are errors in the project, please review components configuration. It is not possible to generate code.    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        Code Generator    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (Duplex)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        ethernet1/Duplex    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (Mode)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        ethernet1/Mode    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (PHY Location)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        phy1/PHY Location    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (PHY Role)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        phy1/PHY Role    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (PHY Type)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        phy1/PHY Type    Processor Expert Problem
No type specified (Speed)    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        ethernet1/Speed    Processor Expert Problem
Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file: /phy_autoneg_mpc5748g/SDK for Source path.    phy_autoneg_mpc5748g        pathentry    Path Entry Problem

If I try to select PHY Type, PHY Location or PHY Role, the drop-down menus are empty. I've tried opening the enet_ping_mpc5748g example project. There, the ENET components drop-down menus was also empty.

phy_component_inspector.png

I have been able to build and deploy the hello_world_mpc5748g example project.

What steps do I need to take in order to have options available for these components? I've tried inserting numbers and different constants that I found in the source code directory of the SDK but the dropdown-widget didn't accept any of them.

I'm attaching my project phy_autoneg_mpc5748g.zip. I created it by

• selecting File->NEW->From Examples
  • pressed the "Generate Processor Expert Code"
  • Fiddled with the drop-down menus without success
Tags (2)
1 Solution
danielnäslund
Contributor III

I installed  this package and now Processor Expert can generate code without any errors.

Hooks for S32 Design Studio MPC574xx and S32R SDK Beta 1.9.0

Problem solved!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
danielnäslund
Contributor III

I installed  this package and now Processor Expert can generate code without any errors.

Hooks for S32 Design Studio MPC574xx and S32R SDK Beta 1.9.0

Problem solved!

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the SDK is supported only on Windows host machine - please see release notes. 

Jiri

danielnäslund
Contributor III

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for your fast reply. Do you happen to know if there's any way to work around the Windows limitation? Can the values be set manually in say the ProcessorExpert file?

Is it too much if I asked you to send a zip file of the demo_apps/lwip_mpc5748g  project where you've run the "generate ProcessorExpert code" step for a DEVKIT-MPC5748G? Maybe I can then edit the files to have them running in my environment?

I just want to make some quick experimentations with the LWiP stack provided by the SDK. My end goal is not to use the SDK, but to make a similar LWiP port as the one provided by the SDK.

Since it took me quite some time to get the IDE installed and running (Java versioning hell) I would be very pleased if I somehow could continue using my current Linux installation. The fact that I can run some other example projects suggests that it might be a way around the Windows limitation.

I wasn't aware that the SDK shipped with so much documentation. When I searched for the release notes, I found the user manual and the docset (previously I had just googled and found some presentation slides). So kudos for the great docs!

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, 

no problem - in attachment is windows project with generated PE code. Unfortunately - still doesn't work for me in Linux environment (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS). There are some missing dependencies. 

Anyway - I completely understand you. The issue is already logged - mean be able install SDK under Linux environment but the SDK can't be fully used. Some basic stuff like hello world is working. Sorry for inconvenience. 

Jiri

0 Kudos