printf() function in 32DS for Power Architecture - Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printf() function in 32DS for Power Architecture - Questions

pcandiag
Contributor I

There was  an  article titled "How to use printf function in S32DS for Power Architecture using EWL https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332018 

I've read the article (it's quite clear) but there is one issue I can't find a uart.c file.

I found files uart_console_io.c, and UART.h, but I can’t find uart.c.  I can’t access the zip files (attached to the article ) because they are gone

Now for my questions

Question 1
How can I get a copy of uart.c?

Question 2
At location “C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\S32DS\e200_ewl2\lib”  there are various  libraries with the following names
libc.a, libc99.a, etc.  I’m assuming for me (since I’m using C) I would need to link to the libc.a library right? –
I’m confused here because in the article you show a picture linking to an EWL library – I don’t have library with that name.

Question 3
Regarding MPC5748G configuration do I need to use processor expert to configure the correct UART pins on the micro? - for EWL to work correctly?,   I'm assuming that once the micro pins are configured correctly the printf() function should work correctly

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

#2 - The EWL C library version depends on C dialect. By default - you don't need to specify C library explicitly in linker options. S32DS will pick up version based on Project settings: 

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

pcandiag
Contributor I

Jiri, and Lukas,

Thanks much for the quick feedback.  Your comments make sense.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Paul,

1. I uploaded the file again: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332018 

Uart.c can be find inside the zip file.

2. jirikral‌ could you help with this question?

3. It doesn't matter how the pins are configured - if by processor expert or by pure C code. It just needs to be initialized as required.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos