cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license not expiring but not able to use S32DS 3.4

tianhua
Contributor I

Hello experts in NXP,

I got a funny issue when using the S32DS version 3.4, please refer to the following pic. It happened suddenly since it worked last time. 

I checked the license activation code and it lasts till 2025. Well fine, anyhow. I tried to reactivate the code again by online and offline. It came out the following error indicating FNP error or kinda cll???

Please kindly help me out. I'd like to know how to activate it again.

BTW,I tried to delete the C:\ProgramData\FlexNet and FNP, it did not work. The same error jumped out nosily.

Thanks a lot in advance.

tianhua_0-1644313536114.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

tianhua
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It works well after reinstalling it. 

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stefan,

Please check if the FNP service is installed. This service is installed when S32 Design Studio is installed, but other applications you have may use it as well. Based on the error shown, it seems the service is not installed.

To check for this service, click on Windows Start Menu and type 'services'. Click on the Services app to launch it. Then scroll through the list, looking for 'FlexNet Licensing Service' and 'FlexNet Licensing Service 64'. For me, only the 'FlexNet Licensing Service 64' has status column showing 'Running'. If you do not see these services listed, then they have been removed from you machine and you would need to reinstall them.

One way to reinstall them is to re-install S32 Design Studio.

Hope that helps,

Mike