install S32 Design Studio IDE for ARM issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install S32 Design Studio IDE for ARM issue

PhilChen007
Contributor I

when I install S32 Design Studio IDE for Arm, I meet the following problem. 

installation file is S32DS_ARM_Win32_v2.0_b170810.exe

my laptop OS is window7, 64-bit.  

please help to check what happened and how to solve it. Thank you. 2017-11-01_092744.pngs!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

did the Install shield started extracting files or error message pop up right after execution? Are you able get lnstallation log file -> located in [YOUR_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_ARM_v2.0\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.0_installation\Logs\ ?

Jiri

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

I check the Install shield can't started extracting files yet, when click the installation file, it enter into this below interface. 

2017-11-02_084444.png

after a while, the installation is stopped at the following picture. 2017-11-01_092744.png

I also don't find the installation directory which is [YOUR_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_ARM_v2.0\  at my laptop.  so can't got the lnstallation log file.   

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Phil,

1) Please make sure you have enough disk space on all the disc drives and enough of available RAM.

2) make sure that your TMP and TEMP folders are pointing to the same location:  

pastedImage_1.png

3) This error could also be due to a corrupt file associated with InstallAnywhere located in a Temp folder on the local machine. To correct the error, clear all files in the local Temp folders:

C:\Temp

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\WINNT\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Stan.

1, Disk space info as following, and my installed memory(RAM) is 8GB,   is it enough?  

pastedImage_7.png

2, TMP and TEMP folders are pointing to the location as below: 

pastedImage_2.png

3, clear all files in the local Temp folders.  

You mean is to delete all files in this folders?  if this will affect my operation system? 

Thanks for your help. 

Phil

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phil,

yes - you can delete all files from temp folders without affecting installed OS. Did you try download again the S32DS installer? The file itself may be corrupted. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

PhilChen007
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

ok, I will try it according to your suggest.  Thank you.  

Phil 

0 Kudos