Unable to compile the sample program for S32G2's Can-Llce-DS-Can2Can-S32G274A-M7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to compile the sample program for S32G2's Can-Llce-DS-Can2Can-S32G274A-M7

linying
Contributor II

Hello,

I have installed S32DS 3.5 and S32G-LLCE-GATEWAY_1.0.5, and enabled the LLCE Can's headless mode feature. However, compiling the example program Can-Llce-DS-Can2Can-S32G274A-M7 did not pass, and the error is as follows:

1. Prompt: Can't find the gcc compiler for S32DS 3.4? Why do I install S32DS 3.5 and prompt me to find the gcc compiler for S32 DS 3.4?

企业微信截图_17162615966798.png

2. Unable to find the file "Llce.Headless. h"

企业微信截图_171625947453.png

How to solve the above two problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
22 Replies

KrishnaChaitanya_T
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello, 

I face the same issue in compilation. Is this problem resolved ?

Q1: Should the build be can_routing_headless or Debug_RAm ? Because we set can_routing_headless as Active as per the document.

KrishnaChaitanya_T_0-1720707435559.png

Q2: if the build is Debug_RAM, i get the compilation error as below.

KrishnaChaitanya_T_1-1720707591162.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Below will be some comments on regards of your open points:

1. Prompt: Can't find the gcc compiler for S32DS 3.4? Why do I install S32DS 3.5 and prompt me to find the gcc compiler for S32 DS 3.4?

[DA]: We are unable to reproduce this outcome:

DanielAguirre_0-1716306371214.png

Can you let us know which RTD version are you using?

2. Unable to find the file "Llce.Headless. h"

[DA]: This seems to be a bug under the LLCE v1.0.5 examples. We can recommend updating to LLCE v1.0.6 (or newer), since several fixes were implemented for the newer versions. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel-Aguirre

First of all, thank you for your reply.

Following picture is my RTD version number, please take a look:

企业微信截图_17163629767024.png

Furthermore, based on your compilation results, it appears that you did not enable the headless mode function. If I do not enable the headless mode function, it is possible to compile the code successfully, and only by enabling the headless mode function can the code be compiled failed.

Please check if you have enabled the headless mode function before compilation according to the description.txt document:

企业微信截图_17163639186929.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. As told before, LLCE v1.0.5 seems to have bugs on regards of Headless mode, since it was first introduced under v1.0.5.

We did a quick test under v1.0.5 QLP1 and obtain the following outcome:

DanielAguirre_0-1716388627352.png

In which all steps were followed as per the description.txt file. We did see the behavior you stated under v1.0.5, hence the previous recommendation of updating to a newer LLCE version.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel-Aguirre

I understand that you compiled the code successfully for headless mode functionality using LLCE v1.0.5 QLP1 software, is that correct? Where can I find the LLCE v1.0.5 QLP1 software? I only found the LLCE v1.05 version software on the NXP official website.

企业微信截图_1716445445350.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Below will be some comments on regards of your questions:

I understand that you compiled the code successfully for headless mode functionality using LLCE v1.0.5 QLP1 software, is that correct?

[DA]: We are able to get the *.elf file, yes.

Where can I find the LLCE v1.0.5 QLP1 software? I only found the LLCE v1.05 version software on the NXP official website.

[DA]: QLP1 is provided on a different option, not under the same v1.0.5. You could confirm if it is available to your account under the previous menu that you are showing:

DanielAguirre_0-1716469152552.png

If it is not available, help us contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative, for them to enable your account (if available).

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi,  Daniel

[Daniel] QLP1 is provided on a different option, not under the same v1.0.5. You could confirm if it is available to your account under the previous menu that you are showing

Did you refer to the menu "Product Information : Automotive SW - S32G - LLCE Driver+Firmware" when you mentioned the previous menu ? The previous menu that my account can see is as follows,which seems a little different from your screenshot:

企业微信截图_17165179815131.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. 

It seems that you account is not enabled to access newer LLCE versions. Help us contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative, for them to enable your account (if available). We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

After the local representative from NXP granted me access to download the S32G product, the latest version I can see is LLCE_1.0.8. I would like to inquire about the differences between the official version LLCE_1.0.8 and the CD version LLCE_1.0.8.

After reviewing, I noticed that the CD version includes the compressed file  S32DS3.5_LLCE_Addon_updatesite_1.0.8.zip, while the official 1.0.8 version does not have this compressed file after installation. If I want to install LLCE in S32DS, can I only use this compressed file?

Why is it that the official 1.0.8 version does not include this compressed file? Can I only use the CD version if I want to use version 1.0.8? Thank you.企业微信截图_17174725953764.png企业微信截图_17174851848682.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. From our side, we are able to see an updatesite for v1.0.8 under the flexera/flexnet page, are you not able to see it?

As for the difference between a CD (code drop) and the official version is related to the maturity of the code. A CD is commonly a fast release of the version which may or may not have been completely validated, while the official release should be completely validated as per the defined requirements.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Danile

Thank you for your reply and help.

I am able to see and download the file S32G-LLCE-GATEWAY_1.0.8_D2402_DS_updatesite.zip. I compiled the Can2Can example program for LLCE_1.0.8, which enabled the headless mode feature and reported errors similar to those in LLCE_1.0.5, such as still reporting "Unable to find gcc compiler in C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4 directory" and so on. In order to compile LLCE_1.0.8 version, I have updated the RTD version to SW32G-RTD_4.4_4.0.2-P08-D2404, the following images shows my RTD and LLCE versions:

企业微信截图_17176526491325.png企业微信截图_1717652612375.png

The compilation error screenshot is as follows:

企业微信截图_17176528507339.png企业微信截图_17176528979630.png企业微信截图_17176529316194.png企业微信截图_17176529882893.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. On regards of the S32DS3.4 being looked by your compilation process, might be an installation problem, since from our side we are unable to see any S32DS3.4 being used under S32DS3.5, as told before.

As for the other compilation errors, we are also unable to reproduce them.

Can you help us reinstall S32DS v3.5 to confirm that the S32DS3.4 error is the one causing the other errors?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

Thanks for you help, but I don't think there is a problem with my installation of S32DS 3.5 IDE software because I can successfully compile the SDK's flexcan routine and the LLCE Can2Can routine without enabling the headless mode feature. I have installed the S32DS 3.5 software on another computer of mine, and it encounters the same error during compilation.

Does the S32DS 3.5 IDE tool have compilation logs? What kind of logs or other useful information can I provide to help locate the compilation errors?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given that from our side we cannot reproduce this issue, our recommendation is still to either reinstall S32DS v3.5 itself or delete all related packages of S32G (with the exception of the development package) and reinstall them again.

As for the compilation log, it is the one shown under the console tab in which you are showing there are errors.

Can you let us know which OS are you using?

Please let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

My computer' OS is windows 10, version number is 21H2. I also installed S32DS 3.5 IDE on my other computer, and the compilation result is the same as this computer. The operating system on my other computer is Windows 11.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. When configuring the headless mode, are you changing the functional group to the one being called "Headless"? Or are you leaving the one that is by default?

Again, we don't seem to be able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing from our side, not S32DS v3.4 being called under S32DS v3.5 nor the problems you are seeing on compilation.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

[Daniel] When configuring the headless mode, are you changing the functional group to the one being called "Headless"? Or are you leaving the one that is by default?

I don't understand what you meant. Could you please provide specific instructions on how to perform the menu operation? Thank you.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We refer to the following option under Config Tools:

DanielAguirre_0-1718372504876.png

Since this Functional Group will be the one to be used when compiling the Headless configuration.

If you modified the VS_0 group, you might have compilation errors related to those modifications. We recommend deleting the example and adding it again, verify that the VS_0 compilation is correct then proceeding to add the Headless modifications.

Please, let us know. 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

linying
Contributor II

Hi, Daniel

I have checked the Functional group menu, which I selected is VS_0.

I hava deleted, added and recompiled the example for many times, but every time is the same result. I don't know what to do.

企业微信截图_17187682164616.png

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

At this moment, since we are unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing, we can recommend contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE/representative, for them to help you further on this issue.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos