Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A FlexRay Nodes Not Coldstarting

Jump to solution
dantaki
Contributor II

Hi there,

I am trying to get 2x S32G274A boards to communicate with each other over their LLCE Flexray.

I am using the LLCE Node1 and Node2 code from the examples and am able to get them to work with default network settings.

However, when I change the setting to the settings of the FlexRay network I need to interface with, they don't get past their initialization and don't go into FR_POCSTATE_NORMAL_ACTIVE. Attached is the network settings I am trying to use.

Further, their state reports that they are in FR_STARTUP_INTEGRATION_LISTEN, when I would expect them to be in one of the COLDSTART_* states.

dantaki_0-1714709372509.png

dantaki_1-1714709425367.png

Much appreciate any help!

David

Network Settings I'm trying to Use:

dantaki_2-1714709527225.pngdantaki_3-1714709542984.pngdantaki_4-1714709551240.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dantaki
Contributor II

Resolved.
pKeySlotID can't be the same across nodes.

Payload length of Individual Buffers and static slot paylength must match in configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dantaki
Contributor II

Resolved.
pKeySlotID can't be the same across nodes.

Payload length of Individual Buffers and static slot paylength must match in configuration.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We might be misunderstanding the overall inquiry, if so, we do apologize.

We understand that you are able to run the NXP example with the S32G no problem, but once you change the network settings, it fails, is this correct?

Furthermore, we understand that if you adapt our network to the one already configured under Config Tools, you are able to run the example successfully, is this correct?

If so, then we understand that there is a problem with the overall configuration, but not with the example itself nor S32G. Are you able to confirm that your network settings are working without the S32G? 

As for sharing your settings, we understand that, if Config Tools is not generating an error, they are "correct". You need to pair correctly your nodes, since FlexRay is a more delicate communication protocol, in which your configurations need to be perfectly matched. Again, under the example and using only S32G we understand that you are seeing no problems.

An additional note is that the FlexRay Host interface has the following compliance [Page 2628, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]:

"The FlexRay communication controller implements the FlexRay Communications System Protocol Specification, Version 2.1 Rev A."

Just to confirm that your other interface is also complaint. More information on regards of the available features (i.e. data rate) for the FlexRay controller under the S32G can be found under Chapter 56 FlexRay Communication Controller (FlexRay) [Page 2833, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 8, February 2024]

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
dantaki
Contributor II

I should add, with the default network config, I can see bits on the bus directly after Fr_43_LLCE_StartCommunication(FrConf_FrController_FrController_0); when I start only 1 of the nodes.

But with my new network config, this is not the case. Therefore, the FlexRay controller must not be starting its communication correctly even though it doesn't return an error.

0 Kudos