S32DS.ARM.2.2 -The same code without any altering works as Debug Build, but hangs as Release Build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS.ARM.2.2 -The same code without any altering works as Debug Build, but hangs as Release Build

Jump to solution
Chad72
Contributor I

Hi, I´m new in S32DS and working with S9KEAZN16AMLH, and I see a lot of things in this IDE that are much more complex than they should to be...

The first Problem - I cannot debug in Flash - I can see in Project - Bulid Configurations - Set Active - only two options: Debug and Release. No Debug_RAM option.

But Debug_RAM is obviously set by default as Debug Build. The code is loaded into SRAM and after power OFF/ON cycle is naturally gone. And I cannot find a way to switch Debug to Flash possibility in this S32DS IDE.

The second problem- when I trying to build the same code - which works perfectly during Debugging (in my case it is possible only as "Debug_RAM") - as Release - just by swithching by Hammer Icon from Debug to Release - I get Release  Build.

When I then do "Run - Flash from File" selecting the .elf file from Release Build - this time I can start device  after  power OFF/ON cycle (LEDs go on), but further nothing happens - LEDs should be blinking, but they do not - MCU hangs.

This is very strange and has to do indeed with the IDE – because absolutely the same code runs perfectly as Debug, but being built as Release – stuck right away.

Could someone help me with theses S32DS Problems?

P.S. I have de-installed and re-installed S32DS  IDE a couple of times, but nothing changes and nothing helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @Chad72 , 

Please can you check the the optimization level. If it is set to Optimize most -O3 level, that may cause the problem. 

You can change the optimization by

Select the project name, then Right click -> build - > Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Standard S32DS C Compiler -> Optimization -> 

Then select 

Mehul_Patel_NXP_0-1689959179229.png

And change it to none 

Mehul_Patel_NXP_1-1689959241582.png

And, check if it works. 

Thank you. 

Best regards, 

-Mehul Patel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mehul_Patel_NXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @Chad72 , 

Please can you check the the optimization level. If it is set to Optimize most -O3 level, that may cause the problem. 

You can change the optimization by

Select the project name, then Right click -> build - > Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Standard S32DS C Compiler -> Optimization -> 

Then select 

Mehul_Patel_NXP_0-1689959179229.png

And change it to none 

Mehul_Patel_NXP_1-1689959241582.png

And, check if it works. 

Thank you. 

Best regards, 

-Mehul Patel

0 Kudos
Chad72
Contributor I

Hi Mehul,

thank you for your answer.

I have checked Optimization Level. It was already set to None by default. So it didn't change anything.

I still cannot find a way to set Building of the Project as Debug to Flash instead of Debug to RAM and when I recompile good working Debug Build into  Release Build, the program  just freezes after flashing the .elf file to MCU.

0 Kudos