cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading programming algorithm

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi

I'm working with MPC5775K in the S32DS for power v1.1. There is a strange problem when I use the PEmicro Multilink to download a project. But the project still stops in the lines" Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted" and " Error occured during Flash programming". I have removed all breakpoints.What should I do to solve this problem.Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

174419_174419.jpgQQ图片20170114203046.jpg

174420_174420.jpgQQ图片20170114203054.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ron,

I am not sure about this error, because I have never seen it before, but according to the error, it looks like the .pcp script, which is used for loading data to flash memory, has been modified. It is possible it is some general error, but could you please try to replace pcp files with the ones attached? Path to the files is:

C:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.1\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.3.3.201605241936\win32\gdi\P&E

Please try and let me know, if it works. If not, I will try to find out another solution.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

replace pcp files with the new ones. But the problem still exists. The console window stops in the same line.

Is it possible the false elf file could damage the MCUs?  One of my colleagues had downloaded an elf into the MCU by mistake. However the elf was generated with other IDE. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ron,

Could you possibly indicate what is your chip mask? e.g.1N83M

Were you able to program this board before?

Do you have any other MPC577xK board available for a test?

Stan

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi Stanislav,

I see that the mark of the faulty chip is 1N76P.  The board had been working well before my colleague downloaded an false elf and did other incorrect operations.  I have tested other chips. They all work well. There is only one chip existed this error. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ron,

Download and install CodeWarrior

http://cache.nxp.com/lgfiles/devsuites/PowerPC/CW55xx_v2_10_SE.exe

Download this patch and update the CodeWarrior according to Readme.txt file

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

Run cw_progppcnexus.exe and click connect.

pastedImage_1.png

After that, window with choosing algorithm appears. Choose Freescale_MPC5775K1x32x1000k_CFlash_cut2.PCP

pastedImage_2.png

Click EM Erase module.

pastedImage_1.png

Try to download your .elf using S32 Design Studio once again.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

sergo86
Contributor I

Hello Martin,

I hope that’s OK that I use this old thread for my question.

I have a something similar problem with one Freescale SPC5602BCLQ4 (0N68H) controller.

This controller did function bevor and I did flash it many times with no problems (I use “CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10” and Multilink Universal from PEmicro). But one time something went wrong and the flash process probably was interrupted or something else. So now I can’t flash this one controller anymore and the application doesn’t work. This is what I get:

Flash_defect2.PNG

I tried the procedure that you described:

• downloading the patch for PEmicro, install it
  • run cw_progppcnexus.exe
  • Choose the algorithm..

I choose different algorithms (Freescale_MPC5602B_1x32x16k_DFlash.PCP, Freescale_MPC5602B_1x32x64k_CFlash.PCP, freescale_mpc5602b_cflash_dflash.PCP and some others). But none of it works, I always get an error message as in the screenshot:Flash_defect.PNG

Is there something else I could do to bring the controller to the initial state, so that it functions again?

I would appreciate some help from somebody.

Thank you,

Serge

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Serge,

Could you try to create a new project in either CodeWarrior for MPC56xx or S32DS for Power, select RAM target build and press debug.

Are you able to load and debug project from RAM at least?

Stan

0 Kudos

sergo86
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

thank you for response.

I was able to “repair” the controller in some other way. I just pulled all possible wakeup pins (not only the reset pin) one after another to ground. After that the controller was functioning normally again. My guess is that the controller was just stuck in some of the low-power modes or programing mode (I also could see that during this issue the power consumption was as low as during the programing or stopping of the controller). Pulling just the reset-pin to ground didn’t help, but looks like some of wakeup pins did, unfortunately can’t say which exactly.

Thank you again.

Beset regards,

Serge

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Martin,

It shows a window when I try to choose a algorithm. The cw_progppcnexus.exe is able to connect the chip. But it goes wrong when I select the PPC file. I don't understand what is Division by zero ? What should I do more ? Thanks

Regards,

Ron

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ron,

I have never seen this error yet. It seems like some internal application error. Did you try to choose Freescale_MPC5775K1x32x1000k_CFlash alghoritm instead of cut2?

Did you try to choose different algorithm (only choose, do not execute any other command), for example for MPC5744P? Did the error occur too?

Have you correctly update PEMicro folder in CodeWarrior installation folder? Maybe it will be better to try reinstall CodeWarrior and copy the patch again. Maybe some error occurred during patch copying.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos