DEVKIT MPC5748G S32DS download problem,blocking at Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVKIT MPC5748G S32DS download problem,blocking at Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges

Jump to solution
hexiaotao
Contributor II

It is worked before.

but now it has some problem and blocking here when debug every time. 

CMD>VC
Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ... 
block 00FA0000-00FA0003 ...

Here is the all console log when debug with USB Multilink.

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1
Copyright 2017 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.
Command Line :C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.7.5.201807182113\win32\pegdbserver_power_console -device=MPC5748G -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -gdbmiport=6224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -�

CMD>RE

Initializing.
MPC574xC Device detected.
Target has been RESET and is active.
CMD>CM C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.ppc_1.7.5.201807182113\win32\gdi\P&E\nxp_mpc5748g_1x32x1520k_cflash.pcp

Initializing.
MPC574xC Device detected.
Initialized.

;version 1.05, 06/26/2017, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [5748G_6080k]

;device NXP, MPC5748G, 1x32x1520k, desc=CFlash

;begin_cs device=$00F90000, length=$005F0000, ram=$40000000

Loading programming algorithm ...

WARNING - Selected .PCP file has been modified. CRC16 = $5A63
Done.
Programming sequency is : erase, blank check, program, and verify {default}
CMD>VC
Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...
block 00FA0000-00FA0003 ...

Labels (1)
1 Solution
hexiaotao
Contributor II

Hi Mike,

I have solved this problem, and now it can be downloaded. 

I use PEmicro PROGPPCZ tool  to erase the CFlash on the DEVKIT board,  this is effective.

But I don't know why, I find that many developers have similar problems and ask questions in community forums.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
veeresh_ambe
Contributor III

Hello,

I have the same problem. Is there a way to recover from this error without using the PEmicro PROGPPCZ tool programmer?

0 Kudos
ruudsiebierski
Contributor III

As a workaround we successfully used the PROGPPCNEXUS trial software which can be downloaded here at no cost for the MPC5748G;

PROGPPCNEXUS | Flash/EEPROM Programmer Software For NXP MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicroelectronics SPC5 ... 

Too bad NXP is not providing a solution.

dazhou0503
Contributor I

The link you provided downloads the progppcnexus, but after installation, the runtime prompts you to need the installation code. Where can I get the installation code

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The installation code is attached in the email that is sent by Pemicro when you proceed to downloading.

it looks like this (code below is invalid):

Hello from PEmicro,
Here is your PEmicro Product Registration/Installation code.

Product: PKGPPCNEXUS_Starter
Registration/Installation Code: V170-EBBE-E66E-2C2C-2323-AAAA.

Thank you for using our products!

There is a registration procedure and at the end you should receive Your Product Activation Code

If you have any registration/installation issue please contact Pemicro support directly

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
binZhang01
Contributor II

hi,When I was updating the program, the device suddenly powered off. Will my chip be damaged?

now my chip has blocking at Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...
block 01000000-0100000F .....

what can i do it?

0 Kudos
veeresh_ambe
Contributor III

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for your reply. But doesnt the PROGPPCNEXUS tool need the USB Multilink probe? We do not have the probe available and it costs(USD 400) much more than the MPC5748G board(~USD 90). Is there a way to fix this issue without using the USB Multilink probe?

NXP isnt providing a solution coz if they did no one would buy the overpriced USD 400 debug probe :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
ruudsiebierski
Contributor III

Yes, that is right, you need the Multilink probe. Note that when using this probe programming and debugging is also much faster than using OpenSDA (USB). So depending on your project it could be a good investment anyway.

0 Kudos
veeresh_ambe
Contributor III

thanks for your input but at the moment we are not looking to buy the probe. ill post a solution here if i come across one.

0 Kudos
ruudsiebierski
Contributor III

Hi,

We experience the exact same problem. Is there another solution? It is not depending on project settings, tried several projects.

BR,

Ruud

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello hexiaotao@singulato.com‌,

We can assist you better if you could please provide the project folder from your workspace.

Mike

0 Kudos
hexiaotao
Contributor II

Hi Mike,

I have solved this problem, and now it can be downloaded. 

I use PEmicro PROGPPCZ tool  to erase the CFlash on the DEVKIT board,  this is effective.

But I don't know why, I find that many developers have similar problems and ask questions in community forums.

0 Kudos
hbhnhbnhj1
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand @PetrS @jiri_kral 

Is there any other way that can solve this problem just by S32DS and OpenSDA ?
Or I can use S32DS with multi-link debug probe to fix the issue ?? how ??

But if this is the only way to fix the porblem
( by PEmicro PROGPPCZ tool as 
Solved: Re: DEVKIT MPC5748G S32DS download problem,blockin... - NXP Community
Solved: Re: Unable to start debug session on MPC5748G boar... - NXP Community
),
I wonder if the product include both software and hardware ( multi-link debug probe ) ?

Please help me solve this problem, kinda in rush, thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

can you please share your project? 

Jiri

0 Kudos
wenwuwang
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem as "He Xiaotao". when I download the debug code to MPC5744P,  timer at 6s, FS65 SBC power is close and over, so the S32DS Progress remain at 98%, and Console display " Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ... block 00FA0000-00FA0007 ... ".

I guess the MPC5744P is locked. Could you help me, thank you.

Wen wu

0 Kudos