Could not determine GDB version when i try to connect to S32K144 development board, how to solve it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not determine GDB version when i try to connect to S32K144 development board, how to solve it?

Jump to solution
ManManXiang
Contributor II

when i try to connect to S32K144 development board via on-board USB using S32DS , it failed and report error: "Could not determine GDB version after sending: C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\eclipse\../S32DS/build_tools/gcc_v6.3/gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response: "

Please help me to solve this problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zack_huang
Contributor II

My problem has been solved

The reason is because my company’s network seems to be blocking the "GDB server". When I disconnect from the company’s network, it will execute normally.

Although it can be used normally, I don't know if there are any ideas to improve this problem? Because this problem does not occur in other IDEs, and it will be a lot of trouble for me to work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Zack_huang
Contributor II

My problem has been solved

The reason is because my company’s network seems to be blocking the "GDB server". When I disconnect from the company’s network, it will execute normally.

Although it can be used normally, I don't know if there are any ideas to improve this problem? Because this problem does not occur in other IDEs, and it will be a lot of trouble for me to work.

ManManXiang
Contributor II

Some details:

1. Program running well on the board.

2. The phenomenon I am talking about does not always exist. Sometimes there was no problem, but the problem reappeared on another day.

3. I don’t know why this phenomenon suddenly disappears sometimes。And i can connect to the board again.

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the most common cause of this issue is that you are trying debug your application as a x86 application. Please make sure, that you selected : GDB PEMicro Debug Interface. 

jiri_kral_0-1631887635254.png

Second most common case is that you selected new C/C++ project instead of New S32DS  Application Project:

jiri_kral_1-1631887777712.png

Jiri

0 Kudos
ManManXiang
Contributor II

Hi. 

Thanks for your information. But My settings are the same as your reply. The problems still exits.

0 Kudos
Zack_huang
Contributor II

Me too, I tried a total of three computers, the first one is fine, the second one has the chance to have this problem repeatedly, and the third one will have this problem no matter how to reinstall S32DS.

0 Kudos
Zack_huang
Contributor II

I also tried many methods from the Internet, but still did not solve it. I also compared the computer with no problem and the computer related settings that have always had problems. The settings are also the same.

0 Kudos