cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

processor expert & writing flash memory

khumphri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Mon Dec 5, 2005  4:19 am

Greetings,

I'm using Metrowerks CodeWarrior 3.1 with Processor Expert to develop an embedded boot loader for an MC9S12A64 (64k flash). It needs to write to multiple pages, for example addresses 3C8000 ff and 3D8000 ff. After writing to 3C8000, the 3D8000 write is failing because bank changing isn't happening.

As best I can tell, in datapage.c symbol USE_SEVERAL_PAGES is 0 so the code isn't setting the page register.

I'm new to CodeWarrior and Processor Expert and it's not at all clear what to change to fix this problem.

Looking forward to a helpful answer, I remain

Cordially yours,

Posted: Tue Dec 6, 2005  2:22 pm

Hi,

What version of Processor Expert do you use? Do you have the latest version? Is it possible to send us any project with CPU bean setting to analyze your problem?

Best Regards,

Posted: Tue Dec 6, 2005  3:01 pm

Yesterday I upgraded from 2.92 to 2.95.01. There's no difference in behavior.

I have a 140k zip file that contains a complete CW/PE project and demonstrates the problem I'm having. That seems a bit large to send to the list. I can post it or send it to you via email (if you'd care to contact me off-list).

Regards,

By the way one side effect of that is when PE generates code I get the following error:

Metrowerks HC12 C Compiler

INTERNAL ERROR: at line 566: Unknown macro: "n" (file: Config\Compiler\MetrowerksHC12CC.chg)

Hint: The -BfaGapLimitBits4294967295 compiler options has been added to the current target.

Posted: Fri Dec 9, 2005  12:08 pm

The patch fixed the internal error will be released next week.

Please send the file to support@...

Best Regards,

Posted: Fri Dec 9, 2005  1:16 pm

G'day,

Any chance of getting the patch for the internal error, even on a "beta"

test basis. The current project is due to ship to the customer next

week.

The flash writing problem was solved by adding "-DHCS12" to the compiler

options, so I won't bother you with the file.

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies