cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S19 Files for Bootloader

Jump to solution
rayhall
Contributor V

I have tried to use SRecCvt to convert my Project.abs file to S19. Problem is, S12G128 is not supported in SRecCvt.

I see that there is a Project.abs.s19 file in my bin folder. Can I use this with the bootloader ?

Ray.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ray,

you are right.

The last SRecCvt version is older than S12G family.

You can simply edit DeviceInfo.Dat and add there your S12G device.

Please look at attached file – I added here few new devices include S12G128.

I suppose that you use AN4258 bootloader. In that case you cannot use Project.abs.s19 file directly generated by CW5.1. For simplifying, bootloader code expects that S record will have 32bytes length.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ray,

you are right.

The last SRecCvt version is older than S12G family.

You can simply edit DeviceInfo.Dat and add there your S12G device.

Please look at attached file – I added here few new devices include S12G128.

I suppose that you use AN4258 bootloader. In that case you cannot use Project.abs.s19 file directly generated by CW5.1. For simplifying, bootloader code expects that S record will have 32bytes length.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

feiteng
Contributor I

Hi Radek Sestak

I have the similar problem, when I add s12g128 type into DeviceInfo.Dat.

when I choose type "s12" instead of "s1218" for s12g128, the s19 file converted of SRecCvt is different. And, MCU can't run after down s19 file through bootloader (AN4258 BOOTLOADER).

So, I have two questions.

Q1: How should I know the "Device Type" of MCU  which described in "DeviceInfo.Dat"?

Q2: Could I find this in Datasheet? (I really have been found in Datasheet, but nothing.)

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fei,

This is a just misunderstanding. The Device Type isn’t MCU family. It is rather about memory arrangement and technology.

The “s1218” means S12 devices built on 180nm technology (like S12G). The “s12” means older S12 devices built on 250nm technology (like S12D). The core is practically the same, but memory management is different. The SRecCvt tool is historically older than S12 MCU families at 180nm technology, therefore the “s1218” device type was added additionally.

Please use “s1218” device type for S12G family.

For example:

S12G128,      8000,  BFFF,  8,     8,    0400,13FF,  FF,         32,     s1218

But you are right, it seems that it isn’t covered by SRecCvt or any other documentation.

Unfortunately, the author of this tool is already retired and I am not sure whether there will be any update in the future.

The current S12Z devices already use linear 24bit address space where we don’t need such tool and the feature is in 32bit cores…

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek