cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12XEQ512 eeeprom hangs

MichalPolrola
Contributor I

Hi all,

I've issue in some devices that log data using EEEPROM. After several months it stops flushing data to EEEPROM that is enabled during start without any errors (query returns no dead secors, 4 sectors ready, ECOUNT = 306) . But after writing data to EEE RAM ETAG register never goes to zero. Then loop waiting for ETAG == 0 never ends. Error registers are zero...

Re-format of DFLASH solve this issue but how to investigate cause? ECOUNT is far below the limit. 

Mask set 0M12S

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MichalPolrola
Contributor I

I've found in the meantime, some of these devices had software that incorrectly set flash frequency for a while. Software starting sequence was: correc setting - incorrect - correct again - eeeprom enabled. May that cause error that cannot be fixed, even if software was fixed? I've fixed this bug in software and applied to devices that had issue but existing eeeprom errors wasn't fixed. 

regards

Michal

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is really hard to answer. The issue can be in anything and I am afraid you will have to use simplification method to find where the issue is. (expluding application features)

There are some hints in my mind to share:

- Wrong flash frequency set

- The behavior can only be a symptom of another issue .... for example accidentaly disabled emulation of the EEE.

- There could be an application problem od EEE usage ...

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3490.pdf

I have discussed he issue with my colleagues and we see no problem which should cause this issue if the EEE is correctly used. So, if you are sure that the code is absolutely OK then the last solution is warranty return to the official distributor where you bought the device.

We could imagine the issue during debugging when you read while write (or you have currently written DFLASH in the memory window of the debugger)

Of course the same can happen in the application if you accidentally read the DFLASH which is currently E/W but this needs deeper investigation.

Best regards,

Ladislav