Could somebody help remap .s19 file for 9S12XEP100 please?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could somebody help remap .s19 file for 9S12XEP100 please?

marty900
Contributor I

Hi, so I have the official s19 firmware file for 9S12XEP100CAG chip but it only loads 88%. For some reason it has some addresses that are out of range - not in the chip. This firmware used to be upgraded via CAN BUS, I am now trying to flash it via BDM using USBDM programmer. I do not have the source code. Could somebody please help me remap this .s19 file so all addresses are correct for the 9S12XEP100 chip?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,
I do not believe there will be anyone who will do that.
As I wrote in our previous communication there is some strange address space FD_(4000~7FFF) used. It is possible that some programmer is able to mange it and convert it internally to the correct address on the basis of offset or something else.
I suppose, but I am not absolutely sure it should be a logical address FD_(8000~BFFF)...it looks like someone set *.bbl file incorrectly when the S record was created from the source code in CodeWarrior.
If I am wrong and it should be place to another space then another transformation must be made. The only person who has knowledge about content of the file and placements is able to correctly do it or it would be good to get this info.

So....what I made...see attached excel.
Entire transformation is done in 4 steps (see excell file) on the presumption that there is a mistake in the file and address FD_4000~FD_7FFF should be FD_8000~FD_BFFF to be corresponding to memory map (also attached)
I suppose that the code was incorrectly generated or something is wrong…. Also this assumption can be wrong.
column A contains original code, each line except S0 and S9 record contains the same size so it simplifies transformation
column H:AR contain column A split into amount (H), page (I),offset (J:K), data (L:AQ), crc (AR) …. Note crc is not get from the code but calculated to show how-to and to check it
columns AT:CD are copy of column H:AR with modification that if the page is 253 [decimal] then it is changed to 127 [decimal] to be global address with offset 4000 correct
column CE contains recalculated CRC
column CJ:DT contains new S record but in the decimal form
Finally, everything is joined in the column DV … and it is aa final S19 logical S record
The column DV I copied to the file with the name New Record Logical.s19
The I used SRecCvt to covert it to linear(global)
address form
Use the file from these two which suitable fo r you. Hiwave needs logical…If I am not wrong.

test of correctness and test of presumption is up to you

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos