eth.c definition of functions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eth.c definition of functions

smiller2
Contributor III

The new design I am trying to get working  on an LS1046A has only one Ethernet port.  Due to worldwide parts shortages,  the only Ethernet is an SFP+ cage attached to XFI.9    I am trying to understand what eth.c is supposed to do and what functions it should include.    Previously, there was a similar question to mine on an LS1043.  Link is below:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Layerscape/LS1043A-RGW-B-10G-optical/td-p/727583

My problem with attempting to copy this, is that the LS1046ARDB that I started from does not have the same functions as the LS1043A does within the eth.c      I started reviewing this file for a bunch of different boards and just get more confused as none of them have a header file and they have different groups of functions.  Some more, some less.   All seem to have a "int board_eth_init(bd_t *bis)"  but that is about it.  Even within that common function, the code is sometimes very different. 

To try and understand,  I put prints in my version.   I found that "int fdt_update_ethernet_dt(void *blob)"  does not get called until after it starts executing the compressed Linux image.    Not even sure what it function name is trying to describe.  Is it flattened device tree update Ethernet device tree?   

Is there a document that describes what these functions do?    If I add a   "board_ft_fman_fixup_port" function to my board, will it get called?  Or is this accessed only one some boards? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to LS1046ARDB design in https://www.nxp.com/design/qoriq-developer-resources/layerscape-ls1046a-reference-design-board:LS104... XFI.10 connects to SFP CAGE, so you could refer to source code for XFI.10 in board/freescale/ls1046ardb/eth.c in u-boot. In fact, no need specific configuration for XFI.10 in u-boot source code.

0 Kudos