Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer files greater than 32M over tftp

Jump to solution
chandrashekhar
Contributor III

Hi,

I created linux kernel image for p2020 using QorIQ SDK. I got the linux root prompt but unable to transfer file size greater than 32M over tftp. How to overcome this issue?

-Chandra

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It will be timeout when transfer the file larger than 32M, please try to use scp to transfer files or use busybox tftp as the following.

busybox tftp -g -r <file> 192.168.1.1

In addition, if you use ramdisk filesystem, please choose an appropriate partition to make sure there is enough space.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It will be timeout when transfer the file larger than 32M, please try to use scp to transfer files or use busybox tftp as the following.

busybox tftp -g -r <file> 192.168.1.1

In addition, if you use ramdisk filesystem, please choose an appropriate partition to make sure there is enough space.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Em31
Contributor II

I had a similar problem with the tftpboot command.
Is there a command that can work around this?

0 Kudos
chandrashekhar
Contributor III

Thanks Yiping,

I could copy more than 32 M file using above mentioned command.

Regards,

Chandra

0 Kudos
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. QorIQ Processors ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion? (https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909 )

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos