T2080 SRIO port enable

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 SRIO port enable

hanm0826
Contributor I

my board have one T2080,and the 4X srio port2 of T2080 is connect with CPS1848.I set serdes2 0x29 in RCW,and  enable srio port in uboot ,and I also have opened some options about srio  in menuconfig of kernel ,but when I check the register of SRIO,it seem th port is not initialized.

when I set serdes in loopback ,the srio port is not initialized too.

so what else something should I do?Thank for any response!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello zhao jing,

Please configure Linux Kernel as the following, please boot the target board with USDPAA dtb file.

Device Drivers --->
                <*> Userspace I/O drivers --->
                               <*> Freescale Serial RapidIO support
                               <*> Freescale DMA support

Then refer to "9.9.16.1.4 SRA Demo" in QorIQ SDK 2.0 document to use SRA demo application to implement SRIO function.

You could download QorIQ SDK 2.0-1703 document from Linux® SDK for QorIQ® Processors | NXP .

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

hanm0826
Contributor I

Thank you for your advice.but I have set the device driver and  boot the target board with USDPAA dtb depend on QorIQ SDK 2.0 document ,however the error still not resovled.

Otherwise,I think the  configuration of  srio  register is depend on RCW and UBOOT,so after UBOOT boots finished the  the register of 0xfe0c0178 must be 0x2,Am I right?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello zhaojing, 

SRIO_P2ESCSR[PO] The input and output ports are initialized and the port is exchanging error-free control symbols with the attached device.

u-boot doesn't initialize SRIO ports, the initialization is executed in Linux Kernel. After Linux Kernel booting up, you could use CodeWarrior to attach to the target board, to check register

SRIO_P2ESCSR.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

hanm0826
Contributor I

1   I try to connect codewariior after kernel  booting up ,but I failed,but when I run SRA,it shows the error " port  is not initialized "

2  In uboot ,I check the SerDes2_PLL1CR0 register ,the value is 0x20890008,it means the pll is on and locked.But when I connect codewarrior to check SerDes2_PLL1CR0,the value is 0x20090008,it means the pll is on but unlocked,so which is correct?

0 Kudos